1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unknown hatchet

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Vicandrob, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Vicandrob

Vicandrob

Aug 12, 2018
    This was my grandfathers hatchet/tomahawk I suspect from his younger days when he worked in the timber cutting industry in eastern Australia. I would love to know something about it. Trying to clean it currently to read the text which is on both sides of the head. The handle was not original as it looks very home made.

2. Vicandrob

Vicandrob

Aug 12, 2018
    Trying to add photos

3. Vicandrob

Vicandrob

Aug 12, 2018
    Still can’t add the photo even tho I can see it in the preview.
    The head is about 125mm long, blade 84mm wide and head 60mm wide and has stamped lettering on solid part of head. It has 6 deep full length grooves from head to almost the cutting edge plus one very short groove. I can not find anything even remotely similar on the internet anywhere? Happy to email photos if any one thinks they can help.

4. crbnSteeladdict

crbnSteeladdict

Jul 31, 2017
    Download your pics to https://postimages.org/ and post the link (hot link for forums)
    Is it something like this?
    [​IMG]
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-keesteel-washboard-axe-head-1912367384

Agent_H likes this.
  5. Vicandrob

Vicandrob

Aug 12, 2018
    Yes. Very very similar however a hatchet sized one. It is in reasonable condition but not as good as this. I’ll try and post a picture soon.
    Thank you

6. phantomknives

phantomknives

Mar 31, 2016
    Keech?

7. Vicandrob

Vicandrob

Aug 12, 2018
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

8. Vicandrob

Vicandrob

Aug 12, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Square_peg and Agent_H like this.
  9. Ernest DuBois

Ernest DuBois

Mar 2, 2013
    This one you've managed to load on pictures of is in much better condition than the example over loaded by cSa which has reached its limits of usefulness as an axe, now suitable for propping the door open.

Agent_H likes this.