Unmarked 152?

Hey folks-long time lurker of this website, decided to join because of a question on a recent purchase. I just bought an older looking 152 “sharp finger” however it has a sheath that resembles suede instead of hard leather and has no tang markings....it was cheap on eBay so I pulled the trigger. I thought the knife might have been ground and the tang stamp gone, and an aftermarket sheath was purchased however I have found another item on eBay from a totally different seller that matches mine. Has ANYBODY seen one like this? (Will post pictures one I receive the knife).

Thanks everyone-you don’t know how much I learned from reading this forum over the years!

The one on the bay really does have the tang stamp ground off. A factory reject. I've not seen the suede leather sheaths before. Odd for them to suddenly appear with reject knives 14+ years after production ended. The sheath design, though, is correct for a pre-1983 Sharpfinger. Choil retainer strap with rounded tab end, three rivets. Incised detail lines on the belt hanger. Interesting!

2eygtax.jpg

I’ll tell you what brother, you’re good. I didn’t even notice the grind on the knife you posted. Here’s a link to the one I bought (not my pictures, this was the ad).

(This is my first time using this type of posting so I believe I’m linking the stuff correctly, I apologize if not!)

https://imgur.com/a/zdTDQbK

Hey man, dig that knife, only difference is with this 152 there is no tang stamp whatsoever, but it is still marked “old timer”. Got it today finally, will post pics later!

kal4xk.jpg

Well I don't have a good answer for you. Both knife and sheath are oddities I have not seen before. Unless the knife is a 205SC blade marked on the pile side, ground off or not. That knife was made for Kmart in 1983, remainders sent later to SMKW both custom scrimmed and blank ivory Delrin.

I looked again at the pile side of your knife and there is no sign it was ever stamped either. So forget the 205SC suggestion. I still don't have an answer for you as to the reason it isn't stamped. Possibly it was a special order for some business which was identified with a blade etch, now gone? Look under magnification and varied light angles to see if you can detect the "ghost" of an etch? Still a cool oddity. As are the sueded sheaths.

Back