Unusual HRC number for B-card of Large Sebenza 21?

Joe Chen

Basic Member
I got one brand new large Sebenza 21 from US dealer and found maybe an interesting thing,
the HRC number on B-card is "S35VN 55-57 RC".
I don't know if this is a typo or CRK really offers large Sebenza 21 with blade for hardness like this.
My small Sebenza 21 and large Insingo all have B-card with 58-59 RC wrote down.

I really don't worry at all for the performance of my new large Sebenza 21, just thought this would be a fun to check it out.

Have you ever had the same experience like this?

Definitely warrant's asking as that is quite different from the norm. Hopefully Chris will chime in with the answer.

Error? 55-57 sounds like the hardness of all Chris Reeve's fixed blade knives except for the Nyala.

55-57 in S35VN that's the hardness of my PS, not the sebenza
typo maybe? probably yes

doubt they did HT it wrong

Almost certainly right. There was some discussion about a 55-57 range on the early Umnus here recently. Mr Reeve posted that the cards had been filled out incorrectly, and that there was no change/difference in the Rc range. I'd bet that it's a brainfart..after doing a bunch of the GBs, Pacifics, etc., it'd be easy to keep writing 55-57. How many of us are still writing "2011" on checks??? :eek: :D

55-57 in S35VN that's the hardness of my PS, not the sebenza
typo maybe? probably yes

doubt they did HT it wrong

Almost certainly right. There was some discussion about a 55-57 range on the early Umnus here recently. Mr Reeve posted that the cards had been filled out incorrectly, and that there was no change/difference in the Rc range. I'd bet that it's a brainfart..after doing a bunch of the GBs, Pacifics, etc., it'd be easy to keep writing 55-57. How many of us are still writing "2011" on checks??? :eek: :D

Whoa, what the hell is a check, some kind of debit card you write on?

Back