Upcoming Bolstered Scales

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
I'm having a lot of fun doing bolsters lately.

Finished scale sets today.

2v2H6SLgoxurAoi.jpg

2v2H6SLG3xurAoi.jpg

Sanded knife handles today. These are new materials and new ways I am approaching materials as well. These pics were before buffing.

2v2H6SLqUxurAoi.jpg

2v2H6SLyMxurAoi.jpg

2v2H6SLr2xurAoi.jpg

Peppermint.

2v2H6SL8vxurAoi.jpg

Wow, I’m typically not a jade fan but these look awesome. I love the colored pins. So many color combination possibilities. Is the white/red layered G10 or something like turbo quartz?

Huge fan of what you guys are doing with bringing the pinstripes and/or liners up and across the bolster/scale juncture (with or without accent stripe). I know this is a lot of work, but the artistic results speak for themselves and demonstrate both refined skill and aesthetic. IMHO, it is well worth the extra work.

In some respects, at least to me, it is like a TT vs SFT. Necessary? No. But it sets the work and product even further apart from the ever-growing pack of competent artist-craftsmen in this truly Golden Age of fine American knives.

I admire the dedication to the refinement of an already beautiful, distinctive, and highly functional work of art and craft. Given your reputation and success in the industry, it would be so easy to rest on your laurels (as many somewhat similarly situated have historically done). Much like with the addition of “newer” steel choices (but at the same time by not jumping on every “super steel” fad) your continued efforts to further elevate your product is rarely seen, and is both admirable and appreciated by the knowledgeable enthusiasts who are your customers (I hesitate to speak for all, so to speak, but it is a good bet I am right!).

I am no one, but I have been a humble collector and hard field-user of fine hand made American knives and other blade types since the late ‘70’s (I saved for and obtained my first Randall in ‘78 at age 12). So, for what it is worth from me, ...
Kudos, Andy & Co.

Kudos, indeed.

Now, to find a Barracuda (and Bushraptor ?!) in this bolster treatment . . . . I will try to be patient!

Huge fan of what you guys are doing with bringing the pinstripes and/or liners up and across the bolster/scale juncture (with or without accent stripe). I know this is a lot of work, but the artistic results speak for themselves and demonstrate both refined skill and aesthetic. IMHO, it is well worth the extra work.

In some respects, at least to me, it is like a TT vs SFT. Necessary? No. But it sets the work and product even further apart from the ever-growing pack of competent artist-craftsmen in this truly Golden Age of fine American knives.

I admire the dedication to the refinement of an already beautiful, distinctive, and highly functional work of art and craft. Given your reputation and success in the industry, it would be so easy to rest on your laurels (as many somewhat similarly situated have historically done). Much like with the addition of “newer” steel choices (but at the same time by not jumping on every “super steel” fad) your continued efforts to further elevate your product is rarely seen, and is both admirable and appreciated by the knowledgeable enthusiasts who are your customers (I hesitate to speak for all, so to speak, but it is a good bet I am right!).

I am no one, but I have been a humble collector and hard field-user of fine hand made American knives and other blade types since the late ‘70’s (I saved for and obtained my first Randall in ‘78 at age 12). So, for what it is worth from me, ...
Kudos, Andy & Co.

Kudos, indeed.

Now, to find a Barracuda (and Bushraptor ?!) in this bolster treatment . . . . I will try to be patient!

Wow!! Thank you Sir!!!

Back