1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Upcoming knife show in Saint Louis, MO

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by M.FREEZE, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Monofletch

Monofletch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I have to get down there again this year.

2. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Sounds good either way!

best

mqqn

3. M.FREEZE

M.FREEZE

Dec 13, 2012
    Saturday is almost here. It will be a good day weather-wise in January for St. Louis... 41° and partly sunny!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  4. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Woohoo! I'm stoked!

5. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    Should be a good day for a little road trip, some nice steel and then some ribs!
    best

mqqn

6. Danbo

Danbo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 28, 1999
    See you folks there! I'll be set up, in my usual location(as soon as you walk in the door). :)

7. J_Style

J_Style

Feb 27, 2015
    I'll be there Saturday when the doors open, cause I have to be at work by noon and might possibly be there Sunday also. I'll have a chef knife that I just finished up, so feel free to say hi. Last year I bought a grizzly mill right before the knife show so I didn't have any cash and now I'm buying a house so my knife funds are non-existent again.

8. M.FREEZE

M.FREEZE

Dec 13, 2012
    We set up over 100 tables this morning and got all the makers and dealers arranged at their tables. We have a new vendor this year for the concession stand. He also operates a food truck full time.

Last year we had 475 individuals that paid to get in the show, and a few hundred in attendance that were free of charge (women/under 18/Boy Scouts etc...) We're hoping to surpass those numbers this year.

9. Railsplitter

Oct 31, 2010
    I'll be wearing a tan cap with a logo that matches my avatar if any body wants to say hi. See you all in a few hours!

10. Railsplitter

Oct 31, 2010
    I'm back home now and I just wanted to post a quick update regarding Mike Alsdorf. Mike was at the show today and he told me that the phone number on his website is still the right number to call and that the best time to reach him is 6:00-9:00pm CST on weekdays and 12:00-9:00pm on weekends. (except today and tomorrow due to the show schedule)

Mike was very enthusiastic and it seemed to me like he would welcome any calls.

I had a great time at the show too!

11. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    I snuck in a few pictures -

Bought a Kershaw Launch 5 for a great price, a nice Morakniv 511 for a song, and a couple other goodies.

Then met up with another knife fan an forum dweller and headed to Pappy's for the best BBQ in STL.

Great day -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

best

mqqn

12. Railsplitter

Oct 31, 2010
    Great pics, Andy.

I came home with these two goodies. The Tuna Valley Cattleman is the result of my wife, Renee being sneaky. I didn't know she had bought it for me until we got back home.

The Olight S1R Baton is awesome too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. M.FREEZE

M.FREEZE

Dec 13, 2012
    The attendance at today's show was the highest I can ever remember seeing. There were several more youth there than in recent years past, which is a good thing. The knives for sale ran the spectrum, from the $3.00 folder to the several thousand dollar custom.

One table had a "not for sale" case which held some very impressive knives. Here is a PARTIAL list of the knives he had on display:

Loveless
    Lile
    Moran
    Herron
    Horn
    W.D. Pease
    and several other knives of equal quality by makers I was not familiar with.

Craig Camerer was also there with his "Forged in Fire" winning War Hammer. He is a very nice guy with a diverse range of knife making skills.

A majority of the tables have already been spoken for for the 2018 show.

14. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    Great score, Rick! And you didn't have to break your vow since your lovely partner purchased it for you!

It was a great show - good time always had! Nice job by the club and Mr. Freeze - Thanks again!

best

mqqn