Upcoming, Sage 5?

winnerone23

Gold Member
I was looking at the, Top 3 favorites, thread.. Which got me thinking more about this.

I Love the, Sage 5! With more steel options, I wouldn't need a Para 3.

I know, the Sage 1, got the Maxamet.. The only liner or frame lock, style knife I own, is the Military. Excellent knife!

With the Sage 5.. I just modify the spine, to the Para 3 blade shape or the OG Stretch blade shape and acid etch.

It's got everything! Sleek, sturdy, and a wire clip!

When might this be a thing??

I've been wondering the same thing. I love my sage 5, and would really like a version in maxamet (or another steel other than s30v). I've been torn between picking up the sage 1 or para 3 versions, but neither of those would be truly ideal for me.

winnerone23

Gold Member
I've been wondering the same thing. I love my sage 5, and would really like a version in maxamet (or another steel other than s30v). I've been torn between picking up the sage 1 or para 3 versions, but neither of those would be truly ideal for me.

Not ANY Other steel.. Don't want to go backwards.. lol..

I originally bought the Sage 5 and Para 3, when they both dropped. The Para 3, was promptly sold.
The Sage 5, had everything going for it. Minus blade shape. So I modified.. (middle of pic 1, was my 1st and 2nd) A friend bought the other.

https://imgur.com/a/9pST9ab

Pic 2-3 shows my 2nd(actually 3rd, Sage 5) and my boss's wife bought that for Boss, for Christmas. So I have #4 here and still needs modded.. lol..

It wasn't until I saw the CS DLC CTS-XHP Para 3, that I bought another Para 3. It was for the steel and because I have the matching PM2.
Now I also have the 3 DLT Cruwear models. (Wish they would make a matching DLC Ladybug!)

Anyways.. I own most all steel's, Spyderco has, except for Maxamet.. That's because I'm holding out for the Sage 5, to come in Maxamet. Mod it, acid etch, and cut stuff!

Edit: I have much respect and first hand experience with Max. I gave a Max PM2, to a good friend, that's a dealership mechanic. He uses it like a beater knife. I only hear the stories of the stuff he cuts and how he uses it.
I only see it when it needs sharpened. I'm sold on the steel! It's Rarely shows any damage, compared to what I'm ready to see.

winnerone23

Gold Member
Maybe a, LW Sage 5?

Some, Foliage Green FRN and Elmax! (wishful hoping).

or gray FRN(to go with the Sage 1, gray g10 and Max..

pcguy23

Gold Member
I'd be in for 20cv and different scale colors on the sage 5 LW, just my 2 cents

winnerone23

Gold Member
I'd be in for 20cv and different scale colors on the sage 5 LW, just my 2 cents

I'd like to see something that hasn't been done..
Stone blue/20cv and red/m390, has been done..

Maybe blow it out of the park, with some Z-wear!? LW or g10 or micarta.. Color can be something, Not blue, red, orange or bright green..

Foliage/ranger/OD green.. Gray.. dark brown.. earth tone....

Tho.. Gray and Maxamet, would be just fine!

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC