Updated Mora Classic series

I am a Mora knife fan, and I thought many of you would like these new updated Mora Classics.

They have modified the sheath so it looks nicer, and the red paint handles have been replaced by a lovely clear red stain. They look very nice and still about 15-20 dollars.

https://morakniv.se/en/product-category/all-knives/morakniv-classic-en/

Those look very much like the sheath Brusletto used on their Tollekniv :thumbsup:

X1TW8QT.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black I think that red sheath is fiber, and these are molded plastic with a fiber belt hanger. But still a nice improvement.

A abcdef that is Mora’s full retail price, once these are available from dealers they will be under 20 dollars.

Amazing! A sure step up from the plastic button sheath. No more need to modify the handle on these... Can't wait!

Jack Black Jack Black I think that red sheath is fiber, and these are molded plastic with a fiber belt hanger. But still a nice improvement.

Ah right! :) :thumbsup:

I still have a set of Swedish Army knives and a set of Lapplander knives from when they were Frost's of Mora. I think I was the first knife writer to cover Mora knives here in the UK :thumbsup:

I like it a lot. My Mora companion went missing and I have not replaced it. I think I’ll for sure get a classic when the new ones are available.

They look good.
When I saw the "updated" I was wondering how (and why) they would ruin the Classic series knives.
(Opinel "updated" the ring lock, making it less than it was. Microsoft Windows was (allegedly) an "update" of the DOS operating system, the Chevrolet Vega (the only car I know of that rusted out sitting on the dealer's air conditioned showroom floor) was an "upgrade" over the Corvair; the Chevette was an "upgrade" over the Vega ... in many cases an "upgrade" hasn't been, regardless of the product.)

Last edited:
I already have a lot of Moras, but I think I am going to want one or two of those. The only reason is, I have fallen prey to their marketing, and the translucent red stain in place of the red paint. I have been thinking about snagging a No.3. Might as well wait for the new livery.

Or maybe I should just sit quietly until the urge goes away.

Last edited:
I've always liked the Mora Classic line and though I still do not care for the sheaths (still better than nothing), the red stain is a big improvement as the red paint was always rather difficult to remove and never looked particularly appealing after a bit of use.

I might have to scoop up a few of these - some of the sharpest "out-of-the-box" production knives one can get.

Is your link an authorized Blade Forums Dealer?

Peregrin Peregrin

Ed, I could be wrong but I don't believe linking to a manufacturer's website is prohibited. But I will let Gary be the judge of that, of course.

The #1 has always appealed to me in it's simplicity, but the scandi grind just doesn't work for me.
I'm not sure I've really got the skills to give one the high saber grind I'd rather have or I'd buy a #1.

I wish they would even just continue the classic laminated series. Love those Mora laminated blades.
Rich

The Original Classic No.1 remains unchanged. A couple of months ago, however, I noticed that they were out of stock with a couple of dealers. I had not heard that they were discontinued or anything, but just to be on the safe side, I ordered a backup.

In addition to being about as sharp a knife as you will ever find, it is light and slim with a close-fitting fiber sheath, easy to wear as a neck knife or as I prefer, to drop into a pocket.

seems like bad form to me

they've been saying the copperoxide red paints about to run out, switching is fair enough but then to over double the price for the same knife

bad bad form

bad timing too...

Back