updated the backorders/available products sticky

Just an FYI. Of particular interest (IMO) is the backordered thread. Have a look.

550 for the Gibbs in DLC, manual.

These will be offered in manual only because the blade is so long. The assist wouldn't do much. I'm glad I saw a discrepency between what Darrel told me and what was listed on a spreadsheet I got. Disregard the assisted option I listed. I'm gonna delete that entry right away.

Darrel also mentioned the possibility of him doing a Frog in the custom shop for the Gibbs. The Frog is a little protrusion that allows IWB carry.

Here's a pic of a Frog
2ewp9if.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet. Any sort of waiting list I can hop onto? I'll have to think about the frog.

He said you can get on a waiting list but mentioned a deposit. I am waiting for him to reply back because I asked how much the deposit would be. At any rate, he said to call on Monday to put down an order for yourself.

I just heard back from Darrel. It's a 200 dollar deposit, which seems steep at first, but considering it's limited to 170 pieces, it's not so bad. Plus, if it makes you feel better, that means by the time the knife is finished, you'll only have about 350 left to pay. If you want to go through with it, call him up Monday. Number is in the sticky post I made for contact info.

Hmmm may have to see about this week. Got a parking ticket for $150 bucks today AT MY OWN FREAKING JOB! if you can believe that.

Hmmm may have to see about this week. Got a parking ticket for $150 bucks today AT MY OWN FREAKING JOB! if you can believe that.

That's a bummer. I feel your pain. I once got two tickets in the same day, one for getting caught in a speed trap unbeknownst to me, and the other for crossing a yellow median painted on the road. There was traffic and I wanted to get in the turning lane. The light was red. It was at a 4 way intersection with no traffic going my way. That was the last time I crossed yellow for that. Over the years I've seen many people get pulled over in that area. I learned my lesson.

That's a bummer. I feel your pain. I once got two tickets in the same day, one for getting caught in a speed trap unbeknownst to me, and the other for crossing a yellow median painted on the road. There was traffic and I wanted to get in the turning lane. The light was red. It was at a 4 way intersection with no traffic going my way. That was the last time I crossed yellow for that. Over the years I've seen many people get pulled over in that area. I learned my lesson.
I got almost the exact same ticket once. Except my was on the shoulder on my bike. I'm thinking the meter maid that gave me my most recent award was just having a bad day. I mean I had 1 tire touching one of the painted lines in the spot. Oh well.

I had an 85 dollar ticket for parking with a tire touching the line as well. Not that I had any option, because the cop car in the space next to me was so far into my space that I literally couldn't NOT park with a tire on the line. Getting tickets definitely sucks.

Hark, any chance of more pics of the knives you're talking about? I'm off to google them, but more HTM DDR pron never hurts.

Back