Updates concerning your pikal WIP?

Sorry for the delayed response; it's been hectic here lately.

I'm still working on the pikal design that I posted a few weeks ago.

I still haven't decided if it will have a wrapped or G10 handle. Thoughts?

Future versions will be in stainless; most likely ATS34, CPM154 or S30V.

I will have some time off work soon, and plan to finish up a few of these during that time.

I really like the wrapped handles on some of your other works, however it seems like g10 scales would compliment this design better for some reason, IMO. Whichever you ultimately decide, I know I'd pick one up as soon as it becomes available. I currently EDC a TSD Grab N Stab, and I carried a Shivworks Disciple for some time. Your design seems to take the best elements of both and combine them into one slick piece.

The swedge is a really, really neat addition, as well.

I'm excited about this to say the least.

The purpose of a pikal is really only for VERY cqc, so it's likely not something you'd want to advertise on the belt/waist. If it's worn on the neck, you wouldn't want it to imprint through the shirt, so g10 handles may be a little thick. I'd say make it out of titanium and wrap the handle. Besides, edge retention isn't really going to be an issue on a knife thats intended design is for cutting flesh (especially since if this is used, it likely wont be used often--or at least one should hope not).

I'd say make it out of titanium and wrap the handle.

A titanium version is in the works!

Titanium is great for a lightweight EDC defensive blade. If its light, people will carry it!

Back