Upgrade to Trade?

I'm a Becker fan as well......
I Hate most knife handles, I've tried a ton.
Ethan's large scales are almost perfect. (I wish they were a hair longer)
I have wide palms. Most knife handle feel small to me.

I've tried most of the SYKCO handles......

The Alpha Regulator (handles) is ok. Again, a little thin, and weird shaped.
There has been lots of talk here about it, and the knife.

After I Wrapped it in tubing and tape, it's Really Good. Really Really good.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Alpha Regulator

*Also check out LT. Wright. They seems to make more comfortable 6
I believe you guys on that side of the big pond call it Hockey Tape... you can add as much padding as you need to your TGULB to make it more comfortable
Thanks, but for the price, I really want to find the right fit and not have to modify the handle. I know it’s out there!

For the pirce...

I don't exactly know what the price will be, but based on the local dollar vs US dollar, long standing friendship, many items bought and received (free) , I'm guessing that it will cost me less than TGULB, I'm getting a custom made big arse Bowie (yes P Private Klink , you will need some napkins to wipe off the drool!!!) that the maker mailed to me two pieces of stag to see which one I prefer in hand...

The thing is that the 'factory' made stuff is made as a bit of a universal fit for everyone, you need to take into account that due to your personal ciricumstances a universal fit does not exactly work, so you have options... keep looking or buy a $3 roll of hockey tape and have fun...

Just to tickle your imagination... Cryo treated 3V... Texas Hold'em... with 10 inch blade and higher hollow grind... sambar antler handle...
I guess I'll be making my own leather for it...
Can’t wait for pictures of that one!!

Hockey tape was mentioned before, but I've used tennis racket handle tape on a few handles, and it made a huge difference. Not the thin stuff, the nice thick padded tape. It's not the prettiest mod, but it's cheap and it works excellent. It's removable if you ever want to sell it. Depending on your DIY skills, you could add liners to it for a custom fit. Good luck.

Hockey tape was mentioned before, but I've used tennis racket handle tape on a few handles, and it made a huge difference. Not the thin stuff, the nice thick padded tape. It's not the prettiest mod, but it's cheap and it works excellent. It's removable if you ever want to sell it. Depending on your DIY skills, you could add liners to it for a custom fit. Good luck.
Thank you for the input, skills aren’t an issue, but I can’t personally put tape on the most expensive knife I’ve ever purchased. I’d rather get this one in the right hands and find the right one for mine!
Cheers!!

Not sure if it got mentioned before (memory evaporates with the spirits consumed...), the Mega RMD has extremly comfortable (for me) handle!

I've found original RMD handle very comfortable, and if you ran a poll here, probably about 50% of members would say that they are here because of RMD...
SOB (Son of Badger) might have handles that are most resembling Beckers'.
There is a few Swamp Rats that might hit the sweet spot for you as well. Rodent 6 is a larger version of RMD (in simplistic terms). Mischief line M9 & M6, Mini Uncle Mojo are bigger/more filling the hand versions of RMD handle.
The Rodent 5, 7 & 9 have a lot more distinctive shape that has been sort of polarising for members here some love them, others just hate them.
And then there is the 'Weiler handle... You can still buy the Mega Ratweiler from the shop, and that will be just a touch bigger than TGULB but might have a handle that you will fall in love with.

'Weiler family (original) The new iterations of Ratweiler have handles that are somewhat thicker but really nicely contured compared to the old school ones.
juYNmGL.jpg

Rodent 5, RMD & Rodent 4

Last edited:
Have you considered a Res-C handle?
Found a Basic 10 that will be amazing and I think the Res-C will be more comfortable and shock absorbing. It’s a beast, but I always wanted a BM and will be a good starting point!
Thanks!!

Not sure if it got mentioned before (memory evaporates with the spirits consumed...), the Mega RMD has extremly comfortable (for me) handle!

I've found original RMD handle very comfortable, and if you ran a poll here, probably about 50% of members would say that they are here because of RMD...
There is a few Swamp Rats that might hit the sweet spot for you as well. Rodent 6 is a larger version of RMD (in simplistic terms). Mischief line M9 & M6, Mini Uncle Mojo are bigger/more filling the hand versions of RMD handle.
The Rodent 5, 7 & 9 have a lot more distinctive shape that has been sort of polarising for members here some love them, others just hate them.
And then there is the 'Weiler handle... You can still buy the Mega Ratweiler from the shop, and that will be just a touch bigger than TGULB but might have a handle that you will fall in love with.

'Weiler family (original) The new iterations of Ratweiler have handles that are somewhat thicker but really nicely contured compared to the old school ones.
juYNmGL.jpg

Rodent 5, RMD & Rodent 4
That’s a good looking lineup right there!

Found a Basic 10 that will be amazing and I think the Res-C will be more comfortable and shock absorbing. It’s a beast, but I always wanted a BM and will be a good starting point!
Thanks!!
I’ve never been a huge fan of rubber handles and prefer Micarta over G-10, but gonna give it a try. If it doesn’t work out it will for the next guy!

Yep Gold membership would be best.

some do not like the swell in the middle of the TG's my son being one.
The Nano SH may be a good candidate ?

If you let us know is it too big ? too small ? big in the wrong place it would help.

But Gold gives you a lot more options and lets you search better.
Thank you Mr. Brown, upgrade complete!

juYNmGL.jpg

Rodent 5, RMD & Rodent 4

juYNmGL.jpg

Rodent 5, RMD & Rodent 4
Are the top 3 knives a Rodent 7 and Rodent 9s? Specific handle fit, but larger by the pinky finger where I need it. Just committed to a Basic 10, that handle looks like a good fit for me too.

Sorry, photo(crap)bucket has hijacked sooooooo many pics form folks, my R5 & R4 pics are in the clickable link.
The pic that shows is the, now, ancient lineup of Swamp's 'Weiler family.
From the top:
Rat Daddy
Rat Mastiff
Ratweiler
Desert Jack
Dog Skinner
SAR Rat
Rat Skinner
Rat Hunter
Rat Shaker

On the righit
(sporting [ancient} Jungle Green) the mighty Chopweiler
& Taz Rat

Sorry, photo(crap)bucket has hijacked sooooooo many pics form folks, my R5 & R4 pics are in the clickable link.
The pic that shows is the, now, ancient lineup of Swamp's 'Weiler family.
From the top:
Rat Daddy
Rat Mastiff
Ratweiler
Desert Jack
Dog Skinner
SAR Rat
Rat Skinner
Rat Hunter
Rat Shaker

On the righit
(sporting [ancient} Jungle Green) the mighty Chopweiler
& Taz Rat
Very cool, thanks!

Either one should work!
Ratweiler handle is bigger than RMD's
Plus you get ~ 2 inches of blade extra...
I have 4 Ratweilers (I think... I got asked by SWMBO a few times 'how many knives do you have?'... I've always been more comfortable with saying that I don't know...) and the whole lot of other 'Weiler handled pictured Rats (about 3 years worth of hunting the exchange...)

RMD comes in different flavours... Can't fault the design no matter what steel it is in!!!
Mega is in SR-101, but the extra cunky stock makes it extremly comfy in hand! And given the deeeep hollow gind it has, it cuts like a Japanese sushi knife (you just can't see what you're cutting 😂🤣😂 from behind the spine...)

And I'm sure by now you've seen a few threads comparing INFI to SR-101... almost staineless, doesn't chip, flexes like.. honestly! steel shouldn't be like a stripper on a pole!!!... versus will rust... will chip if you use a pipe wrench to cut through a chain... will flip a car if you apply too much pressure...

Bussekin steel... if they've gone to 1095... I'm sure Jerry would come up with heat treating process to make that exceed the perfortmance of the fanciest Japanese 'whatever coloured paper' steel!

Back