Upland Bird starts in 2 weeks!

We've been having Mountain Quail, Grouse and Dove seasons already.

But I'm holding out for the general Quail/Chukkar seasons. I'm gonna have to fish all my hunting stuff out of dusty boxes, refill my hunting pack with the regular supplies, oil my shotgun's extractor (H&R Topper in 28 gauge) so that it will actually work, walk the lab pupps, give them a pleasant and positive exposure to the sound of shotgun fire, needlessly and obsessively resharpen every knife I've got, clean binocular lenses of labrador slobber, get a better hunting pack, locate my [often lost] quail call, throw a quart baggy of doggie biscuits in my pack, :yawn:

Shoot, I just exhausted myself.

Now is the time to dust off all your hunting stuff, gentlemen. I'm having loads of fun fiddling around in anticipation of the coming season.

Who else is "organizing"? [read that "frantically rooting and grubbing around :eek: in dusty boxes making a chaotic mess"]

I hope you have a great opening day. You have no idea how lucky you are to be able to hunt upland. The only birds in the wild in this area are grouse and it seems that the coyotes and other predators are reducing those numbers. There are a few preserves within reasonable driving and we have a hunt scheduled for two weeks. I'm looking forward to it and saving every dime I can to pay for it. Post some pics of your birds and the dogs. Best of luck.

Back