Uplifting phone call yesterday

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Remember the guy who cut through the trap chain with his PSK knife to free himself from a potential survival situation? Well he called me to tell me about another situation where the PSK knife saved the day again. He was hiking in the Sierra mountains in Cal. He ran into a fella who hadn't eaten for 3 or 4 days because a bear chewed the lid on his bear canister where his food was stored to the point he couldn't get the lid off. He said others had tried to pry it off with folding knives and Swiss Army knives but couldn't get it off. He was desperate for his food. The guy with the PSK knife heated the top of the canister then pryed the lid off with the PSK knife. Once again the PSK knife saved the day. A simple 2 1/2" blade of O1 steel. Amazing.
Scott

There have a few threads going talking abut how much or little knife one needs. I think this story goes a long way to show it isn't the size of the knife in the fight, but the size of the fight in the knife. Love my PSK, yes Sir.

Great story, I love my Backwoods Companion. Big knife in a little package. That story is one of many reasons the knife industry and BF need knife makers like you. You put strong affordable tools in the hands of thoes who need them. Thanks Scott for being here.

The PSK is on my super short list of have to have knives.Matter of fact it is the only knife on my list to get!I would love to carry it in a pocket sheath. My MUSK is just a hair too long for legal EDC carry.Michigan has a 3 inch blade law.Now if your in the woods you can carry anything you want.I think a PSK in my left front pocket with my 1911 on my right hip is the ticket!!

From skinning a bear to cutting a steel chain to prying open canisters among
Many other things the gossman psk
Is proven to be the best personal
Survival knife there is ! (imo)...
Im glad I have mine and my polaris !
Keep up the good work scott

Frank

Back