UPLOADING PICTURES ON NEW FORMAT?

Hi....Never had a problem under the old format from my Photobucket...Now if i try to post 1 picture it says the file is too big .I am frustrated and confused.please Advise.Thanks

Need a little more info. What kind of device (pc, phone) and what browser are you using? From the sounds of it, you're trying to upload a file. Which means you're wanting to store it and host it on bladeforums' server. If you're trying to use a picture on photobucket, hit the Share This Photo IMG link:

upload_2017-5-3_18-7-4.png

And paste it in here:

IMG_6647_zps1fb2f21d.jpg~original

I am using Google Chrome.I am only trying to load 1 picture from Photobucket and it keeps saying file to big.i will try it again.and Thank you for your help ...Greatly appreciated brother....Raymond

Don't know why but in my case with PhotoBucket I "SHARE" as thurin illustrates BUT when I click on the IMG - I ALSO NEED to go to my browser drop down EDIT window and COPY before I can then paste on BF. An EXTRA STEP, otherwise Photo Bucket works fine for me. I haven't always needed to do the COPY part - used to be (and sometimes still can) simply click on IMG then paste in BF.

If you need - knowing about this extra step could save you some aggravation.

Also - regarding the size - I never send my photos to PB without first using a photo program on my computer to scale the photos to approx. 5" wide (no wider than 6" - I think they get nearly unviewable on my lap top screen in BF so I can only imagine how they scale to a hand held device) and no more than 220 pixels (110 seems to view fine on most devices).

Ray

I am using Google Chrome.I am only trying to load 1 picture from Photobucket and it keeps saying file to big.i will try it again.and Thank you for your help ...Greatly appreciated brother....Raymond

Still sounds like you're trying to upload the file. If you're just copying and pasting the IMG tag into the reply box Bladeforums never even knows how big the picture is.

Walk us through the exact steps you're taking to load your picture.

Don't know why but in my case with PhotoBucket I "SHARE" as thurin illustrates BUT when I click on the IMG - I ALSO NEED to go to my browser drop down EDIT window and COPY before I can then paste on BF. An EXTRA STEP, otherwise Photo Bucket works fine for me. I haven't always needed to do the COPY part - used to be (and sometimes still can) simply click on IMG then paste in BF.

If you need - knowing about this extra step could save you some aggravation.

Also - regarding the size - I never send my photos to PB without first using a photo program on my computer to scale the photos to approx. 5" wide (no wider than 6" - I think they get nearly unviewable on my lap top screen in BF so I can only imagine how they scale to a hand held device) and no more than 220 pixels (110 seems to view fine on most devices).

Ray

It'll do that if Flash isn't enabled. If Flash is working, clicking on the IMG field in PB will auto-copy it. If Flash is off, you have to copy yourself.

Thurin and RayseM....Thanks alot still no luck? I am going to PB highlighting the picture in IMG then going to BF page to Paste.I always did it this way and no problem ever.....This new format does not work for me.I am just going to post these knives I have for sale on EBAY. Thank you for all your help....Raymond

The bay? Eeewww. Hopefully that was just frustration and not seriousness.

Raymond, does PB have BB code/size options like Flickr does through their photostream? I was having problems at first after update, but then realized I just had to tweak my old routine a hair. I simply copy/paste BB code the way Spark advised me to. Thurin was helpful here as well...
http://bladeforums.com/threads/posting-pictures.1488613/#post-17128548

Good luck.

Back