USA made John Deere and Harley Davidson knives

Ok, these are Christmas ideas for my brother and my best friend. I'm shooting for an American Made Christmas and this forum has me looking. I don't mind paying the premium for an American made.

I've seen plenty of the cheap chinese knives, but what actual American companies are making John Deere and Harley commems?

I'm seeing Case John Deere's on ebay and am curious if they are acutally made in USA.

Thanks in advance.

:cool: Case has offered a number of different "John Deere" knives.......they have a JD green and also a yellow series. :D
Checkem' out they are very nicely done.
AFAIK the Harley Knives are Chinese made............somebody please tell us different. :eek:

Kap

kapt kopter said:
....AFAIK the Harley Knives are Chinese made............somebody please tell us different. :eek:

Kap

Thats what I am afraid of. My brother has a 100th anniversery HD and I was thinking about getting him one of
these to go with it. But I don't see on any of the listings where it is USA made and I'm not paying $70 (or even $30) for a piece of chinese 440 stainless regardless of who's logo is on it.

I guess I'll ask the sellers.

JHouston,
I just noticed your from Hot springs! I use to live down the road in Benton. Actually between Hot Springs and benton on the back highway near londale, near gravel Hill Baptist Church.

rev_jch said:
JHouston,
I just noticed your from Hot springs! I use to live down the road in Benton. Actually between Hot Springs and benton on the back highway near londale, near gravel Hill Baptist Church.

Howdy! And a WHOOO-PIIIIIGGGGG-SOOOOIIIEEEE! on top of it! :D

I know the exact area you are talking about. How long you been gone? I'm in town by the airport.

It's a shame about the Harley's. Here's one of the great "Made In America" companies and they can't hook up with an American knife maker for accessories.

Sometimes I think if the manufacture would put on the package it would keep a lot more companies in business: "Why does this product cost $xx? So an American can make $xx per hour at an honest job. How many hours would it take you to make it?" :grumpy:

I'd rather have a good knife than a POS with my bike's logo on it. I'm a motorcyclist too...

-Bob

WHOOO-PIIIIIGGGGG-SOOOOIIIEEEE!

I use to work at Dassault Falcon Jet by the Little rock airport for a few years. When I got out of the Air Force on disabiltiy I went there and worked in the upholstery shop!!! I have always had two jobs, ministry and whatever I could find to pay the bills.

I left about 5 years ago.

rev_jch said:
WHOOO-PIIIIIGGGGG-SOOOOIIIEEEE!

I use to work at Dassault Falcon Jet by the Little rock airport for a few years. When I got out of the Air Force on disabiltiy I went there and worked in the upholstery shop!!! I have always had two jobs, ministry and whatever I could find to pay the bills.

I left about 5 years ago.

Rev_JCH,
I was wondering if you were going to reply to that post. I figured you skiped it from the other threads we've talked in. I'm well familiar with Falcon. The whole airport is complex is STILL growing.

Bob,
I agree (and I'm sure my brother would too), which is why I haven't gotten him one. Still hoping one will turn up.

rev_jch said:
You'll be hardpressed to find a harley knife that is made in the USA. Good luck!
]

Check out the Harley Davidson Skull assisted opener. It is a very nice knife and made right here in the USA. I don't own one, and really have no particular interest in Harley Davidson knives, but this one does appear to be of good quality.

Problem solved. How about an All-American Harley Davidson Knife made by Camillus? Ebay item number 2282945150

I hope this info is not against BFC rules. I see lots of links to Ebay items here. I am not the seller.

Phil

Thanks Jay, much appreciated!!! Doesnt look too bad. Im not a fan of skulls, or 420, but it is (perhaps) a step above much of the united imports. Anything would definitely be an improvement!!

Thank Jay for the link!

textoothpk said:
Problem solved. How about an All-American Harley Davidson Knife made by Camillus? Ebay item number 2282945150

I hope this info is not against BFC rules. I see lots of links to Ebay items here. I am not the seller.

Phil

Thanks Phil. I got your e-mail too.

This may turn out to be a "sharp" Christmas afterall.

JHouston, shame the airport is growing like everything else! The world is getting too big too fast, kinda scary. What I loved about Arkansas so much was the fact that it was still small enough to be "close knit".

The population here in this city is larger than the population of Arkansas! Of course that was 5 years ago, but this city is growing at unbelievable numbers (if I remember correctly).

rev_jch said:
JHouston, shame the airport is growing like everything else! The world is getting too big too fast, kinda scary. What I loved about Arkansas so much was the fact that it was still small enough to be "close knit".

The population here in this city is larger than the population of Arkansas! Of course that was 5 years ago, but this city is growing at unbelievable numbers (if I remember correctly).

AR's pop. was just over 2.7 million at last count. Close knit is still the word. Just think: At every Razorback game at Little Rock, almost 2% of the population of the entire state is at the game (53k). At Fayetteville, its almost 3% (71k)

I figure that number is actually low since I know there are many residents of Texas sleeping in Arkansas most nights (Texas has no income tax) and a significant Mexican poplulation is here as well.

The airport is probably a good thing. The Clinton Library :barf: will be opening soon and Downtown Little Rock is really cleaning up. Even opened a Electric Trolley system between Downtown Little Rock and Downtown NLR. Considering the improvements, and the lack of significan population increase, it's actually says good things about our economy.

In that respect, yes I would have to agree. I still liked the "small town" feel of little rock, but I suppose like all things that will disappear in time. So they have not begun to build clinton's library yet?

I really miss squirrel hunting along the white river bottoms and coon huntin in the holland bottoms :( Not too mention deer huntin at bayo meto.

That's okay though, the Lord has me here for a reason! I sure wish I could go squirrel huntin though! I use to raise russells and mtn currs for squirrel huntin. I use to ride a mule let the dog do the tree'm get off the mule, tie it up, shoot the squirrel with a 10/22 with a 3/9 scope (head shot) and let the dog bring it to me :D hmmmm... I miss those days!!!

Back