Use vs non-use

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by LittleBill, Apr 3, 2021.

1. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    This is exactly where I am. I bought a comp finished convexed SJTAC that cuts like a laser when they were available and never really needed anything else besides my B11 and game warden. But I still bought a bunch of other Busse blades because they were cool, I just never used them.

2. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Was cleaning out the safe and this is one box of knives that I've never gotten around to using. :( probably move them along st some point, but I do like looking at them lol

PSX_20210408_081451.jpg

3. Twoody

Twoody Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 28, 2020
    Oo that hg55 is lookin good, if i own a blade its gettin used !! Collecting gives me ocd and anxiety ..

ironwagon and tuica like this.
  4. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Yeah that was the mil-overrun version. It's pretty cool.

tuica and Twoody like this.
  5. Twoody

Twoody Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 28, 2020
    20201019_165849.jpg might not always be hard use... but use none the less :D

6. cobrajet

cobrajet Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2012
    What is the coated one 5 from the top on the right?

7. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    That's the HG55 mil overrun.

Wait, from the top, the black bladed one? That's a BATAC I bought from the now defunct company store.

8. stjones

stjones Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2010
    I love breaking in new INFI with use!! Besides breaking other $hit it’s the only “breaking” they will ever know.

Would love the chance to beat that SFNO Bowie!!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  9. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    That was from the ganza Skunk ran. It's a great knife and ridiculously sharp.

AntDog and Twoody like this.
  10. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I have 2 of those......unused.

:p

11. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Yeah mine is minty fresh as well. Shoot, the dumpster mutt LE below it is still sealed!

OnceBitten and Twoody like this.
  12. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I have a Dumpster Mutt DCBB.......not used, either. It's nice to know that others share The Sickness.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

tuica and unwisefool like this.
  13. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    I only have one I’ve never used and don’t plan to. I’ll probably sell it. I just can’t bring myself to use it when I have another model that overlaps and does what it does well.

Everything else gets used. I’ll still never take a loss on any of it. :cool:

tuica likes this.
  14. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    Well, which one is it?

AntDog likes this.
  15. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    [​IMG]

ASHBM offered in a ganza. Had a patriot leather sheath made for it too. I put it in the sheath once to make sure it fits, and it’s been riding pine ever since.

16. boring

boring Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Well, I bought a fbm as my first. So I would have my big chopper and not feel the need to buy smaller and still want a larger one. That didnt work. I do have unused, because of money loss from new to used. Some, I instantly took outside and used it, so it wouldn't attain unused status.

17. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    Anything I don’t use tends to get sold or traded off. That’s why if I really like something I try to get out there and beat the shit out of it quick. :D

Crag the Brewer likes this.
  18. inkynate

inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    My 7yr old daughter stuck a chopper (thicc BGFSH) into a block of wood for the first time yesterday. :D

[​IMG]

Probably 75-80% of my collection is users. Keep thinking I ought to thin the herd, but with no compelling reason to sell and none I can look at and say I don’t like, it’s easy to maintain the status quo.

My purchases have slowed way down over the last few years, been at something of a saturation point for a while. Actually want a new release to twist my arm and pull me back in, the last one to get me was the TGULB.

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  19. unwisefool

Jan 22, 2007
    The last one I bought was the super thick swamp warden, because that's a lot of fun for $100. Before that it was the TG A2 version. I don't think any new blades coming out are going to perform better than my users so why spend the money for nothing? I've wanted a Busse folder for years, but that is obviously not going to happen so I've basically given up on new releases.

20. inkynate

inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Yep, that’s the crux of it. Already have a lot of overlap because buying new blades is fun and I like the designs so much, but it’s gotten harder and harder for new releases to move the needle for me.

The Mega Warden still tempts me a bit, it’s cheap and looks pretty sweet, but I don’t know that I’d really grab it much over my AMS or SOS (both stripped and hand-sanded BG users with kydex) once the new knife novelty wears off.