Use vs non-use

unwisefool

Gold Member
I think, for most of us......once The Sickness sets in....you buy more than you actually need and......it's hard to have 30+ users.

Shhhhh. It happens.

:rolleyes:
This is exactly where I am. I bought a comp finished convexed SJTAC that cuts like a laser when they were available and never really needed anything else besides my B11 and game warden. But I still bought a bunch of other Busse blades because they were cool, I just never used them.

AntDog

Gold Member
I only have one I’ve never used and don’t plan to. I’ll probably sell it. I just can’t bring myself to use it when I have another model that overlaps and does what it does well.

Everything else gets used. I’ll still never take a loss on any of it. :cool:

unwisefool

Gold Member
I only have one I’ve never used and don’t plan to. I’ll probably sell it. I just can’t bring myself to use it when I have another model that overlaps and does what it does well.

Everything else gets used. I’ll still never take a loss on any of it. :cool:
Well, which one is it?

AntDog

Gold Member
Well, which one is it?

image.jpg

ASHBM offered in a ganza. Had a patriot leather sheath made for it too. I put it in the sheath once to make sure it fits, and it’s been riding pine ever since.

boring

Gold Member
Well, I bought a fbm as my first. So I would have my big chopper and not feel the need to buy smaller and still want a larger one. That didnt work. I do have unused, because of money loss from new to used. Some, I instantly took outside and used it, so it wouldn't attain unused status.

AntDog

Gold Member
Anything I don’t use tends to get sold or traded off. That’s why if I really like something I try to get out there and beat the shit out of it quick. :D

My 7yr old daughter stuck a chopper (thicc BGFSH) into a block of wood for the first time yesterday. :D

D2-D3-FA15-C034-4-E28-A283-934-A50-E235-AE.jpg

Probably 75-80% of my collection is users. Keep thinking I ought to thin the herd, but with no compelling reason to sell and none I can look at and say I don’t like, it’s easy to maintain the status quo.

My purchases have slowed way down over the last few years, been at something of a saturation point for a while. Actually want a new release to twist my arm and pull me back in, the last one to get me was the TGULB.

unwisefool

Gold Member
My 7yr old daughter stuck a chopper (thicc BGFSH) into a block of wood for the first time yesterday. :D

D2-D3-FA15-C034-4-E28-A283-934-A50-E235-AE.jpg

Probably 75-80% of my collection is users. Keep thinking I ought to thin the herd, but with no compelling reason to sell and none I can look at and say I don’t like, it’s easy to maintain the status quo.

My purchases have slowed way down over the last few years, been at something of a saturation point for a while. Actually want a new release to twist my arm and pull me back in, the last one to get me was the TGULB.
The last one I bought was the super thick swamp warden, because that's a lot of fun for $100. Before that it was the TG A2 version. I don't think any new blades coming out are going to perform better than my users so why spend the money for nothing? I've wanted a Busse folder for years, but that is obviously not going to happen so I've basically given up on new releases.

...I don't think any new blades coming out are going to perform better than my users so why spend the money for nothing?

Yep, that’s the crux of it. Already have a lot of overlap because buying new blades is fun and I like the designs so much, but it’s gotten harder and harder for new releases to move the needle for me.

The Mega Warden still tempts me a bit, it’s cheap and looks pretty sweet, but I don’t know that I’d really grab it much over my AMS or SOS (both stripped and hand-sanded BG users with kydex) once the new knife novelty wears off.