Used 530 Missing a Washer?

I just got a used 530 and it was gritty and slow so I took it apart to clean and lube and it has only 1 Bronze Washer?

Is this by design or am I missing 1?

Thanks in advance.

I just got a used 530 and it was gritty and slow so I took it apart to clean and lube and it has only 1 Bronze Washer?

Is this by design or am I missing 1?

Thanks in advance.

Mine has 2. BM customer service is great and should take care of you.

Mine has 2. BM customer service is great and should take care of you.

Thanks.
I certainly assume it should have 2 but you just don't know sometimes I guess?

Of course now I have to wonder how anyone would put it back together and have extra parts when it is over?

BM customer service can be great, or not.

Great - I had a stripped screw on a brand new knife, they sent me a whole set, like every screw the knife could use.

Not - they won't even sell spare/replacement Omega springs.

This Warranty does not cover normal wear, resharpening of the blade, damage caused by neglect, misuse or the failure to perform normal or necessary maintenance, disassembly of any knife by any person other than Benchmade’s Warranty department, or shipping costs for returned knives.

Do not use your new knife as a screwdriver, prybar, chisel or punch. Do not throw your knife or use it for any purpose other than cutting. Do not disassemble your knife. Do not sharpen your knife on a power grinding wheel. Any of these acts will void your Warranty. MINIMUM CHARGE TO REASSEMBLE A KNIFE WHEN THE WARRANTY HAS BEEN VOIDED IS $20 PLUS PARTS.

http://www.benchmade.com/services/warranty

Please let us know what they decide to do.

Back