1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

used rem 870 POLICE or new rem 870 express?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Midget, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Smash05

Smash05

Jul 16, 2007
    Nope, I have an 8+1 you will be fine. Its just considered to be a high capacity shotgun when its over 5, and you need the LTC to get it, which you would need for your handguns anyway.

2. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    I'd go with the Police. As a matter of fact...I did. I had an 870 express. It was OK, but i tried a very well used 870 and it was perfect. The express went bye-bye and the 870P is my gun of choice if the world goes tits up.

I'll never get rid of it:p

3. Midget

Midget Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2002
    thanks smash05, for setting me straight. and even more for the good news!

i'm looking forward to my new piece!

4. cliff355

cliff355

Apr 19, 2003
    The parkerized police 870's are Wingmasters without all the shine, etc. Wingmaster barrels all fit them (slug barrels, vented rib. etc.). In spite of the parkerizing, the receiver should say "Wingmaster" on it. If not, beware because somebody may be trying to pass off an Express on you (most replacement 870 bbls won't fit an Express).

5. cliff355

cliff355

Apr 19, 2003
    Good move. The parkerized "Police" guns are Wingmasters and replacement 870 barrels will fit them. Under all that parkerizing the receiver should say "Wingmaster" on it.

The "Express" gun uses some type of barrel proprietary to that model and most replacement 870 bbls (slug, rifled sight, vented rib, etc) will not fit.

Other than a club, that 870 is probably the most reliable defensive device you can get.

6. Viscount

Viscount

Aug 14, 2010
    Good call. Police all the way. I have had a few problems with ejecting empty shells out of my express magnum (brand new). It doesn't seem to like winchester ammo but is fine with remington(go figure).