1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Usefulness of Victorinox pliers and wire cutters?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by TKM, May 11, 2011.

1. TKM

TKM

Nov 3, 2010
    Hi guys!

I'm planning on replacing my old MT with either a Victorinox Handyman or a Hercules, mainly for the tweezers, scissors and the much better saw, and actually because I don't get much use of the pliers, however they come in handy from time to time.

I now that if I really wanted some capable pliers I should definitely go for a Leatherman or Vic Spirit, but I'll only use the pliers for light tasks, so my question is: Are the small pliers on Victorinox models any good? Could I really cut some sort of chicken wire with the cutters on them?

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  2. cdf

cdf

Nov 12, 2004
    They actually , I have a handyman , and use them on small nuts , general grabbing , light stranded wire cutting . They are pretty strong , and not cast like the pliers on most small multi's . They are protected from excessive torque by the very short handle .

Chris

3. styx

styx

Apr 21, 2010
    They are great for small stuff. My brother and I use them around computers and they work out perfectly

4. TKM

TKM

Nov 3, 2010
    Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to give them a try!