User name request

edmoses

Usual Suspect
Kevin,

Can you please change the text under my user name from Gold Member to Usual Suspect?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Ed, you can do this yourself by doing the following;

1. Click on "User CP"
2. Select "Edit Profile"
3. Scroll down to "Custom User Text"
4. type in "Usual Suspect" or whatever you like
5. Scroll to the bottom and click on, "Submit Modifications."

Bada BING!
That's all there is to it!
:D

Ken,

Either I am having an attack of the dumbs or you need to be a Moderator, as I cannot find the field that you are refering too. I can see the place to change your signature line, but not the field to change Gold Memember to Ususal Suspect.

Regards,

Ed
Usual Suspect

I think you're having an attack of the dumbs (happens to the best of us) -- but maybe more detailed instructions can help. After you've clicked on "user cp" and then "edit profile" and scrolled down a little you'll see a box that looks like this on the left:

Custom User Text:
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
You may enter up to 25 characters.
Check the reset box if you wish to use the default title for your usergroup and post count.
HTML is not allowed.

And like this on the right:

Current title:
gold member

New Title:
Reset?

Right under "gold member" and after "New Title:" there's a box for you to write in your new title. If you were to check the box for "reset" it would reset your title back to the default for your membership class, which in your case is gold member -- so don't check that box; just type "usual suspect" in the new title box and you should be all set.

The option of changing your title is not available to basic members, but all the paid members have it.

Cougar,

I have followed your very clear instructions and I do not have the box that you refer to in the list!!

I guess I will need to wait until Kevin comes back to check up on my profile.

Regards,

Ed

I was afraid of that. I'm figuring I'll keep checking this forum while Spark is away and try to fill in, but all I can do is explain things; can't fix bugs even if I knew how since I'm 2,000 miles away from the server. If you still can't find it, it must not be there for you -- I can't imagine why.

Sorry Ed, this is frustrating.
I can get in and see your profile, and I can even make the change, but it won't let me SAVE the change.

Sorry, I guess you WILL have to wait til Spark gets back.

In the meantime though, why don't you just put "Usual Suspect" in your sigline like I do? Then people can still see that you're a Gold Member too.

Just an idea...
;)

Ed, you are not alone. When I go to edit profile, I can find no mention of custom user text. All I have is registration, required, optional, signature, additional and submit. I have no info regarding membership at all. Jeff

Ken,

I normally put "Usual Suspect" in my signature line - but why be the same as everybody else?

I guess I will wait for Spark to return from his break.

Regards,

Ed
Usual Suspect

Kevin,

I hope you had a good brake.

I still cannot find the field required to change the text from Gold Member to Usual Suspect. Can you please help here?

Regards & thanks,

Ed

Changing the Member Title can only be done by Moderators and Admins... sorry.

If you have a custom title request, let us know.

Kevin

Kevin
Actually I didn't have anything in mind, I was going to play with it until I tripped the light...
Thanks for the response though. If something occurs to me I will ask again. Thanks

Back