Using E20/E30 gas in regular car?

shooter10 is on to something as to small engines- I run ethanol-free gasoline in my two chainsaws, weedwhacker, two mowers, blower, pressure washer and outboard motor. Quick starting and all run strong. Not widely available and does carry a premium price - is 91 octane. NOTE: This supplier also sells racing fuel but not for use as , regular vehicle fuel.

More than a few local boaters experience the dreaded "lemonade" gas...doesn't store well and creates problems. I don't see the ethanol version of Sta-Bil in my area.

My area mandates a 10% ethanol-gas mixture at this time-our cars and truck run OK. Do not look forward to higher ethanol blends.

I don't see any advantage to using higher ethanol blends in a regular car as the cheaper price per gallon is offset by the reduced mpg. The fact that it eats fuel systems is another issue, but not all autos are affected by this. Depends on what materials the manufacturer used. One thing to keep in mind is that if your car is driven infrequently, higher ethanol gas can create a huge problem with water build up in the tank. Alcohol attracts moisture and just the difference in daytime and night time temps can cause enough condensation in the tank to be a problem if you're not using it enough to fill up frequently.

Propane? Nice fuel. Burns VERY well, quite cleanly. Your exhaust will be greener, you plugs will last forever, and your engine oil will too. Bad news is you must have a large propane tank in your vehicle. If you have a wreck, it burns VERY well and explodes nearly as well as a high explosive.

Propane tanks are built to rigorous standards and will survive a crash far better than standard fuel tanks that are little more than a tin can in strength. The big problem with auto propane is availability to fill up. Few stations offer this service.

Hard to say. I had to have the regulator rebuilt last year after 150,000 km, and it was not expensive compared to gasoline fuel pump or injector replacement. There are no pumps or injectors to deal with in a carburated propane system, and a fill up costs 1/3rd less to drive per mile when compared to gasoline. I have been running propane only vehicles for close to 20 years, and would not want to go back to the costs and problems associated with gasoline systems on full sized pickup trucks.

Back