1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Them?

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Apr 25, 2018.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Just wondering who's actually using the knives that they got from me. I've sent a lot of knives to customers, but don't see many pictures of them being used, except for a few people.

Mr. Tettnanger and Mtblair like this.
  2. jbarsquat

jbarsquat Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2017
    F9339D92-7134-4271-ABC2-237532326F89.jpeg Anyone notice the difference? I use my Kane almost everyday and it is the most used out of all knives I own. The Kephart is in my kitchen knife block and gets used a few times a month. The muddy camp has done a lot for me in the yard and gets heavy weekend duty. The other two barely get touched because of the Kane.

Mtblair, tlovesknives and JK Knives like this.
  3. rdrogers

rdrogers Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Bluegill or Worker B&T gets carried and used every day for all sorts of things. Personal Camp sees a lot of use on the weekends.

Mtblair and JK Knives like this.
  4. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    The old one i have in my pocket gets used every day. The kephart i carry when i plan on taking some kind of animal apart. From the little one helping me kill coronas its getting a nice patina

5. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf

Dec 3, 2015
    My Bluegill is still firmly entrenched in my pocket. I'm still trying to figure out what edge I like best on my Pocket Chef. Once I get it dialed in how I like, I'll be able to give a more informative review. For now, it's been bouncing between the kitchen and my KME.

6. TLA

TLA Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2002
    I still use my Improved Bowie as it is one of my favorites from you. I have processed out salmon with it in the past. Here lately I have started using it again in the kitchen. Here is some cabbage and sausage that I made with it. When I receive my Personal Camp from you I will run it in the home kitchen and hopefully process some salmon with it. IMG_E8863.JPG IMG_E8864.JPG IMG_E8867.JPG IMG_E8868.JPG

mqqn, grunt soldier, austexjg and 5 others like this.
  7. tlovesknives

tlovesknives

Apr 6, 2011
    every once in a while i whip out the bulldog for some tactical kitchen duty. :D haven't been camping as much in the last couple years, but hopefully that will change this summer.

Attached Files:

8. Mtblair

Mtblair

Dec 21, 2013
    I use them as often as I can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. grunt soldier

grunt soldier Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I use mine all the time. Just don't post a lot of pics anymore since the photobucket issues. The other hosting sites such for me and bladeforums always say my pics are to large. Annoying lol

mqqn and JK Knives like this.
  10. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    I get the same thing when I try to post pictures from my phone, so I have to use my camera.

11. greatscoot

greatscoot Atari's Lantern Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    My two most used are Rule#9 (main kitchen knife) and IFSA gets carried 2-3 days a week.

mqqn, protourist and JK Knives like this.
  12. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    Pics man we need pics

13. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    I sure like your knives John, I have a handful of them, but I don't have a lot of opportunities to use them.

14. Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 16, 2007
    I got to try the new Camp Knife yesterday! Not a stern test, used it to baton some chunks of a 2x4 for the fire pit. :D

15. greentrout

greentrout

Apr 20, 2016
    My stretched worker is my most used knife. If I'm preparing something in the kitchen it's out and being used.
    [​IMG]
    My stretched Bluegill has seen quite a bit of use for cleaning duck, dove, and even some fish. It's also had some kitchen use, but hasn't seen any since I got my Stretched Worker.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My new Worker and new-to-me BushCrafter haven't seen much use yet. But they will!

16. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    Brother we need pics

Rob Babcock likes this.
  17. greatscoot

greatscoot Atari's Lantern Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

mqqn, glennbad and Simplejack like this.
  18. ty_higg

ty_higg Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Forgot to take pictures earlier but I used my twig mangler to cut up some jalepenos for poppers tonight and other various tasks and the budget hunter I use everyday as my main knife.

mqqn likes this.
  19. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Sadly I don't use my knives like I used to, but the worker resides in the knife block and gets used as a steak/paring knife.

Rob Babcock and Simplejack like this.
  20. ty_higg

ty_higg Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2011
    IMG_2411.JPG
    Remembered to take a picture this time