Utah Knife Shops?

Going on vacation next week in Park City, Utah. Just wondering if any one here new of any knife shops in Salt Lake or Park City worth looking into? Stuff like Spydies, Benchmades, Kershaw, etc. Any help very appreciated.

Sportsmens Warehouse, 165 West 7200 South Prices are decent for a brick and mortar. Benchmade, Spyderco, Buck, SOG and some other stuff

Cutlery Corner SouthTowne Mall 10450 S State Sandy get off the freeway at 10600 south and it's just to the east. Prices are high, but lots to look at including Sebenzas and such.

Blade HQ is in Lehi. Storefront seems to be by arranged meeting only. address and info are on the website www.bladehq.com Prices are a touch high but plenty to see and play with. Lots of balis and automatics. Also the furthest from Park City

There are some other places but selection is poor and prices are high. REI, General Army Navy, Kirkhams.

I'd drive it this way. From Park City et on I-80 into SLC. Take the I 15 interchange Southbound

Get off at 7200 and go east a bit to Sportsmens Warehouse.

When you're finished there, get back on I 15 Southbound to 10600 South and go to the South Towne Mall. Cutlery Corner is on the top floor, east side, sort of in the middle.

Get back on I 15 Southbound.

If you want to go to Cabelas (D2 Griptilians) and look around, the address is 2502 West Grand Terrace Parkway, Lehi, Utah 84043 The Cabelas site should help you with a map if you need one. I don't remember the exit number. It's the exit for Highland and Alpine. Go East off the exit and turn North at the first light. Turn right at the second light and follow things around to the parking lot.

Get back on I 15 South Bound. Stay in the right lane as the Blade HQ exit isn't too far. I don't remember exit numbers. Take the second Lehi exit. The main feature here are the Lehi Roller Mills, one of the locations in the movie Footloose. Back then it was mostly empty space. Now it's built up. Anyway. Turn right from the exit and right again at the Mills. Follow this road till it ends in a Y at a stop sign. Turn left. Visibility isn't good but the road's not that busy. Coming up quickly on the left is a small strip mall. The only sign you can see easily to know where to turn is a sign for FAMILY DOLLAR. Turn there and poke around a bit to find the Blade HQ storefront.

Driving times, assuming not rush hour. 45 mins or so from Park City to Sportsmens Warehouse. 10 mins from SW to CC. 15 mins from CC to Cabelas 10 mins from Cabelas to Blade HQ.

You could return back to Park City up Provo Canyon. Pretty drive, but can be slick in the winter.

The only one I'd add to Phatch's list, is LLorenz (I believe that it's got two Ls in it, iirc) on 4th south and just west of State Street, iirc. It's a quaint little shop that's been around forever and will probably be pushed out of business as big boxers and the Internet take away more and more of their business with lower prices, but there's still something very charming about it.

Last time I was in there--some years ago now--they had very little. Mostly some slip joints and the like of mediocre quality. Good kitchen knives though.

Phil

ohmyheckinslc, last time I was in Llorenze's, I noticed they did a lot of sharpening! They had a large selection (at least 30) Randall knives for sale. They probably don't have that many now. ...and lot's of other brands too. A great shop, hope it's still there. (Grew up and went to school in Logan).

Back