V3 EDC comparison photos

I recently was lucky enough to score Dan's V3 EDC Proto. I am also on the the passaround for V4 and V5. If they are any thing like V3 we are all in for a sweet knife to come in the future. This photo comparison contains the Busse Game Warden,the V3 Prototype,an Eddie White Model IX,a Swamp Rat HCLE. Enjoy the photos!
IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

Here is the first place the V3 really shines. Maybe the most comfortable grip I have ever felt.:thumbup:

IMG_0873.jpg

nice shots. I am on the pass arround list for the V4 and V5. I can't wait. I really like the full sized handle. Although it will take a bit deeper pocket to carry that way.

I would like to see a version with a wider blade (from spine to edge, to my eye gives more balance to the full handle, and would make a better cutter as well).

Thanks for posting the pics.

I would like to see a version with a wider blade (from spine to edge, to my eye gives more balance to the full handle, and would make a better cutter as well).

Yes...I agree. I'm going to give it another shot on the next one...v1 is a bit taller in the blade...I just made it "what feels right"....but am now realizing I should make one that feels "almost too tall"....and see what happens.

That's what this is all about...testing the extremes about what a legal EDC knife should be all about.

:thumbup:

chickenplucker - great pics!!!

Glad the knife feels good in the hand, too.

Dan

Sweet. I don't think that the blade looks too small when it is in the hand at all. I am just used to seeing 3 inch blades with shorter handles. I think it just takes the eye by surprise to see a full sized handle on the back of that blade.

Back