VA & NC Knuts (others too), your opinions please

I'm going to be visiting Roanoke for the first time next week to look at houses (moving there in January). When I travel I usually carry my Spyderco small Centofante, but I usually travel to big cities like Washington D.C..

So I'm wondering, which of these airport-friendly knives will be most "at home" in southwest Virginia:

small Centofante?
Wegner Jr.?
BM 705?

Bringing all three is not a realistic option, since my wife is going with me.

Thanks.

------------------
Dave

Let no one ever from henceforth say one word in any way countenancing war. It is dangerous even to speak of how here and there the individual may gain some hardship of soul by it. For war is hell, and those who institute it are criminals. Siegfried Loraine Sassoon

Dave - if the 705 is plain, then you shouldn't be having any problems with that one. Glad to hear you'll be moving to Roanoke. Hope to see you at one of the shows here in NC. Make the SE custom knife Show if you can, lotsa local and regional forumites attend that one. If you'd like more info on the show, please email me at knifenut@mindspring.com

Hope this helps!

------------------
Proud member of AKTI, NCCKG, NCKK, and SCAK

In memory of James K. Mattis

Dave,

Glad to see you moving to the "real world"
wink.gif
I can't comment on the airlines, as I haven't flown in years, but I don't think you'll have problems with any of those knives (I am assuming they are non-serrated in reference to airline travel) in Virginia, NC or D.C. I know that D.C. has a 3 inch blade limit, but my wife has carried her small Centofante there on numerous occassions. I have regularly carried a Police and an AFCK to D.C. without worry. Just don't attract too much attention, regardles of what you're carrying. A toothpick can probably be considered a deadly weapon in the right circumstance. Virginia and especially NC are pretty laid-back about knives. Just be cool and you won't have any problems. Welcome to the south and we hope to see you at some shows!

Take care,
Chris

I'd choose the BM 705 and maybe pack one of the others in a checked bag.

Mykl

------------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

BM705 plain edge is the ticket. Not only is it the finest pocket folder, custom or production, ever made, but it's also very airline-friendly as has been mentioned.

You'll love Roanoke. It's very country, but with facets of the city (malls, coliseum, etc.) that you'd probably miss. I've got lots of family that live there currently, so maybe I'll look you up for lunch one weekend.

Professor.

Thanks guys. Benchmade 705 it is.

------------------
Dave

Let no one ever from henceforth say one word in any way countenancing war. It is dangerous even to speak of how here and there the individual may gain some hardship of soul by it. For war is hell, and those who institute it are criminals. Siegfried Loraine Sassoon

Dave, congratulations on your move to Roanoke. One of the more beautiful parts of the country, in my limited travels. If you're into mountains, you should love it. Although I'm sure you've already been there looking around....

wishing I could move there.....

------------------
iktomi

Back