1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Vallation question

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by tommytman, Aug 13, 2019.

1. tommytman

tommytman

Aug 12, 2019
    Hi again
    I’ve been thinking about getting a vallation but am unsure about the aluminum handle. Are there any downside to Al grips over G10?

My only thought is that the Al handle might be cold when used outside in winter.

2. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    The aluminum (anodizing) is also prone to scratching. Although some people like the 'worn' look.

Cypress likes this.
  3. mrfields

mrfields

Jun 30, 2017
    i have three bms with al scales (477-1, 490, & 940), & i honestly love the way the anodization wears. doesn’t affect the function at all but gives the knife a kind of worked in personalization. looking at it i know it’s mine, & that it earned the way it looks. it’s not pretty & shiny & new anymore, but then none of my other tools that i use are either. makes them feel like they’re a part of me, if that makes any sense

jazub likes this.