value of a bicentennial old timer

Hi, Hopefully someone can help me out. I have an Old Timer that I won when I was a kid selling magazine subscriptions (a school fundraiser) back in 1976. The pocket knife is small, 3 blades that fold out from the typical "bone" body. Inlaid in the body, or glued, is the liberty bell. It's also etched onto the main blade.

It's still in unused condition, although I no longer have the box for it.

Is it of any value? I know it's not worth 100's or even 1000's, but I thought it may be worth a bit more than it retailed for. Just curious, because it's from the bicentennial year.

Funny how times change. I was given a knife as a prize- at school!! And carried it with me all day- showed all the teachers too :). I threw it in my desk drawer at home, and it stayed there for years and years, undisturbed. After I joined the Navy it somehow came along and has been moved all over the world. Somehow it never got lost in all the packouts. It's invaluable to me as an "heirloom", so I wouldn't part with it anyway. I'm sort of into knives now (combat folders mainly), and it's nice to have my 1st knife.

Thanks!
David S

Sorry, I can't help you on the value. Sounds like a nice knife, though. You might check on the Levine forum over in General. If anyone would know, he would.

I know what you mean about how times have changed. I carried a pocket knife in school, too, early '80s time-frame. Nobody minded, and my art teacher borrowed it all the time!

Back