value

was just doing nothing yesterday and thought i would check the auction site to see if anything was available that i needed. wow, the prices some of these people are asking! if they hold (which i doubt) my value is way out of this world. might have to add more to me house insurance.
oh yes and i am retired now. how fun is that.

G'day now retired Delmas,.....I never look at what dreamers are 'asking'....I have only ever looked at Ebay 'Advanced' which shows actual USA Schrade blade sales "made and paid" between a willing seller with a willing buyer...the only measure of a current blades worth...I also exclude sales made by an 'over-willing' buyer in competition with another buyer...those sales stand out like dogs dates.....that Schrade "Charity Seller"...has what I call 'Airport Prices'.....not in touch with reality nor prices actually realized....the downside to his dreaming is that his asking prices encourages/excites other sellers to visit the same airport..lol….Hoo Roo

G'day now retired Delmas,.....I never look at what dreamers are 'asking'....I have only ever looked at Ebay 'Advanced' which shows actual USA Schrade blade sales "made and paid" between a willing seller with a willing buyer...the only measure of a current blades worth...I also exclude sales made by an 'over-willing' buyer in competition with another buyer...those sales stand out like dogs dates.....that Schrade "Charity Seller"...has what I call 'Airport Prices'.....not in touch with reality nor prices actually realized....the downside to his dreaming is that his asking prices encourages/excites other sellers to visit the same airport..lol….Hoo Roo
Well put. I've watched quite a few knives cycle through time and again for months without selling because the seller has an inflated idea of value. Some eventually lower their asking price, remove a reserve. I've snagged a few of those. I know what value I give them for myself. It has to do with the last MSRP inflation adjusted, and if it is NIB and complete. I also shake my head at the charity seller. And avoid bidding wars. Other than that, I don't see prices at a level I consider high. At least not on the patterns I watch.

I would love to see the "charity" seller and the IRS get together for a chat.

Agreed Cal....I bet the values he would then put on his stock holding, would suddenly shrink like a haemarroid hit with Preparation H cream....lmao.....he can't have followed this Forum through the years otherwise his cockamammy Schrade descriptions would be more honest/accurate.....they do say Charity begins at home...in his case I feel it may end there as well....Hoo Roo

Back