Vapor or Vapor II ?

I managed to find a seller who has both Kershaw Vapor I and Vapor II in stock, charges reasonable shipping fee and is flexible with regards to customs. Vapor II costs roughly 50% more than Vapor I does - is it worth the extra 50% or are changes between the two models just cosmetic and II isn't such a good bang for the buck as I is ? IThe onlyvisible difference i can notice is that holes in handle are drilled in different pattern - blade seems the same shape, same length, same handle outline and same materials used in construction (so i'm leaning towards I for EDC but wouldn't hesitate to pay 50% more if II is worth it). Your opinion will be greatly appreciated !!!

If I recall the difference is in the size. One of them is larger than the other. When I bought one I chose the smaller because they only had the larger one in a partially serrated blade which I dont particularly care for.

faramir said:
blade seems the same shape, same length, same handle outline and same materials used in construction (so i'm leaning towards I for EDC but wouldn't hesitate to pay 50% more if II is worth it). Your opinion will be greatly appreciated !!!

The Vapor II is a larger version of the Vapor -

here are the measurements from a Kershaw catalog

Vapor - blade 3" (7.5cm); closed 4" (10.3cm)
Vapor II - blade 3 1/2" (9cm); closed 4 1/2" (11.5cm)

They both are available in plain or partially serrated blades.

In the USA the Vapor sells for under $20 from WalMart - where the larger - but partially serrated version of the Vapor II sells for under $25.

There are now also black versions of the Vapors (about $6-7 more).
K1640BLK.jpg

--
Vincent

http://UnknownVincent.cjb.net
http://UnknownVT.cjb.net

Thanks guys - unfortunately i don't have access to a Wallmart store or know anybody who'd buy one of these for me and ship it over so i think i'll settle for Vapor I. The II would be nice @ $25 but at 50% more it doesn't sound that appealing anymore :) I don't like serrated blades anyway, i want a black plain edged one band this eBay sellers has both I and II in stock and only overcharges a bit on the I.

Does anybody have any positive/negative experisnce to share with either model ? (in terms of blade play and so on)

i have the vapor II. it is an great knife. it is great for a budget too. has good lockup, good weight, and a nice apprearance too.

i got the vapor II because i have a large hand.

only thing i do not like is the cheaper steel used for the blades, as with most of kershaw's cheaper models. mine was made in china or taiwan, can't remember exactly.

thanks,

iubigred007

I carried a Vapor II for years, it's an outstanding value. NGK may be able to take care of you overseas.

You almost sold me on Vapor II now ... decisions, decisions, the big one or the smaller one :)

NGK are nice folks but alas customs restrictions here are something they cannot work around.

Back