Varying levels of thickness

Makes sense though right? The longer they get, the thicker they should be. I Just thought I would share because I clearly do not have anything else better to do right now.

But this brings me to a question. How thick is too thick and how thin is too thin?

Hortons 002.jpg
Hortons 007.jpg

The Blood EDC has been used to stand on while lodged into a tree as a step. It is .25" thick. No problem there.

The Wharnie has been used to stab things, chop food, puncture oil drums, been thrown. It is 5/16" thick. I basically don't know how thickness weigs in on this knife if it were thinner or thicker in any case.

The Shortened Camp Blood (recently from Bradley. Thank you Brad I really like this one and can't say enough about it) is 3/8" on the handle, tapers off to .25 after the ricasso and then to a nice point throughout. Not sure what adventures I will go on with this knife but it will be backpacking with me at the end of the month to the top of Telescope Peak in Death Valley. Not sure how high these knives have gone yet but this one will be sitting pretty up at 11,030 ft.

Lastly is Odin. Odin is not here yet but there have been vigils lately in hopes that it arrives before Memorial weekend and also make the trip. But since Blade and the rest of the que is ahead of me I will just cross my fingers. I cannot and will not rush perfection. It will be a fine addition to the family and probably fit in nicely with Death Valley and all of its wonders.

In case you are wondering, I take about three trips a year down to Death Valley National Park and the surrounding desert in Southern California with a group of best friends and get away from everything. I highly recommend it to anyone with the means. There really is no place like it in the world.

I like that etched looking spine logo, did Jeremy do that?

I think jerm proved, that .55" was about too thick didn't he? Thinner the better, I love my skinny plan B,,,:D

It was Cnc written in with a ball mill. First seven knives I did that to when I worked at machine shop. I think the thickness depends on blade. I personally like them in the. .250 to. .320 range. But I have some chubby fanatics. That I must help out.

And I've done from. 032. To. .550. I don't like going under 3/16 for anything that doesn't have a special purpose.

My .265" camp 6" feels just right.

That BEDC with the copper looks great.

The Blood EDC is by far my favorite knife. I have ever owned. Period. Usually is slung under my arm when in the outdoors and occasionally on my belt at work or around town.

Back