very basic kydex sheath tutorial(or,"I did it my way.....")

Scott, Thanks for the tutorial. I'm gonna try it. You make it look too easy. Also, I can see the value of the foam.

However, that is such a tight fit around the finger grooves, how do you get the knife out !?

Steve

Keep the rivets below the point where the kydex conforms around the handle,the kydex has a springiness that clasps the handle for good retention but allows you to remove it without a great deal of effort,feets have been washed.
Bossman

Hey Boss..

nice job....

Refine those techniques and you'll be cook'N with Gas!!

ttyle

Eric....

Scott,
Thanks for the Kydex sheath tutorial. I've done a lot of leather work but haven't attempted Kydex. With the ease of your tutorial I'll try one.
One question, what do they call those "blue wally world tools" or what department (as if you could get help there)?
Thanks, Lynn

BTW, mail sent to scottjfulford@hotmail.com came back.

Lynn,I got that tool in a packet of chrome 1/4" rivets,look in the craft section of wal-mart.Only $3 or so if I recall correctly.
Sorry about the E-mail,I let that one die.......try scottbox1@hotmail.com
Scott

Somthing I have not seen on many Kydex sheaths is rivets that can be taken apart to clean the inside of the sheath.
are they avaible,that would ad life to the sheath and the knife.:)
Or have I seen them on some sheaths and not noticed?

HMMM,Come to think of it I`ve never seen a kydex sheath thats made to be dissasembled,it would be easy to do and sure makes a whole lot of sense!Mr.House,methinks you are a wiseman!
Well,lets hear it,has anyone seen or tried this??
You can bet I`m going to-with Nathans permission to plagerize his idea of course.
Scott

Back