very interesting chef knife set

I think they look creative and artisitc. For actual use in the kitchen, I wouldn't use them. I use a pinch grip and rely on resting the blade against my curled fingers to get consistent cuts and to keep my finger tips attached. This couldn't happen with these knives thus I wouldn't even consider forking out that much coin. Also...for that much money I would want to know exactly what "high quality stainless steel" really meant.

Sweet and unique design, but they are far from Custom.

Not sure if I would want to use them all day. :)

As a piece of sculpture, kinda nice. As kitchen knives, gimmick. Next question.:rolleyes:

Good Grief! You want my honest opinion?

My best kitchen knives are the garage sale treasures I've found.

Most folks have NO appreciation for good knives, so it's not that hard to find them in garage sales. Scarce, yes, since most folks don't buy quality; hard, no. I also like used knives, since they are more interesting, and more apt to be better quality. You have to have an eye for good steel; that only comes from sharpening knives, a boring but necessary and instructional task; you have to work with steel to know it.

I've found old Sabatiers, Henkels, Klaas, unbranded Soligens for literally a few bucks. Some might have to be reconditioned, but if you have a meager shop, that's not hard to do.

Good hunting!

Back