Very tight Small Wood disasembly...

I tried to take appart my small wood Damascus Sebi the other day to fit the BG-42 blade for a few days. I know I know, why? Because I can! Oh and I wanted to see the 'hidden' bits of the Damascus blade:rolleyes: . Yep I am very sad.

However, I have dismantled my Large classic about 6 times no problems, but with this knife I cannot get the Ti scales to come apart! The screws are removed, but the handles will just not budge. I wobbled the blade back and fourth gently and got it slightly apart, but not much. Now is there a way to get them apart without marking the G/B finish on the inside? I always leave the lanyard in place while doing this as it does not seem to be in the way or inhibiting opening. Can anyone help? I thought of just using my Gerber 600 by placing the needle nose in there with some cloth to protect and 'force' it open!:mad: :eek: :confused: :(

Is there a trick or easy way to do this, without causing any marks etc? At some point I will HAVE to take it to bits to clean, I would rather sort this out now.

General,

I have a small CGG and had trouble with disassembly initially. I was concerned about not marring the surface also. I used a thick plastic comb to work the slabs apart. The blade was open, and it worked like a charm with no marring ;)

Each blade and handle frame lock are fitted.

You may have a problem switching blades.

I padded a wide screwdriver head and gently twisted it to pry the slabs appart. At worst a very faint rub mark inside the handle, which is in no way really noticable and as this will be an EDC not a problem! Its not a deep scratch, which was the worry.

I swopped the blades over no problem, perfectly centered, no play and very smooth! Gota love the Benza!

Cheers!

Back