Veterans Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Military cadence..for any Soldier, a result of discipline and endurance.. and one or two SFC's who love the way they sound.

Also, I used to get bent about the lack of reverence.. but really it's just a compliment to the protection our military provides. The general populous can express themselves freely and know we will always have their back as citizens of the USA. No matter the branch of service, we are that older brother who does what needs to be done. Hard decisions.. Hard fights.. Hard skin.

I'm proud to have served in the same Army as my grandfather. It's a privilege and an honor to have known so many fantastic Americans who love our great country and respect our allies as our own. We are the $hit. God bless America.

While in the office today I had a lot of military cadence songs playing, no one knew what they were nor that it's the Corps 242nd Birthday

No reverence ....

I let everyone in roll call know that that it was the "two hundred and forty second birthday of the usmc" and the lone marine argued it was "242". Not "242nd". I gave him some crayons to snack on and he was quiet.

I was a sailor, I still love the marines.

Last edited:
Maybe this is a good place to ask, is "Thank you for your service." a hollow gesture in the US now? I think things are a little different up here. I haven't lived in the US in a long time now that I think about it.

Last edited:
“The Valor and Courage of our men and women in the armed services are a shining example to all of the world, and we owe them and their families our deepest respect.” -unknown
To all my fellow Veterans and all who support, thank you and God bless. Taking the Military Oath of Service is a defining moment and a common bond we share that will never die.

My deepest gratitude to those who have served and those continuing to serve!
I have taught my boys to thank people in uniform for their service. We live by an Air Force base so they get plenty of opportunities to express their gratitude. My eldest, who is normally very socially anxious, will walk right up to someone in uniform, extend his hand and thank them.

:thumbsup: Cool! I was stationed at MCAS El Toro for a few years in the early eighties! Served with the Black Sheep, and the Wake Island Avengers squadrons.
Talk about a small world!
I just talked to him and he was at the med clinic right near your squadron but he left the Navy in 1980. He ended up retiring as a Major in the Air Force but still regrets leaving the Navy.

aQb3wdx.jpg

^^^ oh sh*t!!! Who knew that we had a jumper among us?! OK, I cheated because I already did know ;)

That white patch is way cool Brah :thumbsup:

Holy crap. Pulled this up on the PC after uploading it on the mobile Imgur app. Why do you make them so big Imgur, why!?!

Holy crap. Pulled this up on the PC after uploading it on the mobile Imgur app. Why do you make them so big Imgur, why!?!

You do realize that you can resize them as the default size is 2048 x depending on the uploaded pic's orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back