1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Veterans Discount

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Obcessed, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Obcessed

Obcessed Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 14, 2018
    It would be really excellent of Spyderco would offer a veterans discount. Is Sal a veteran?

2. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    razorburn and kniferbro like this.
  3. Michael Janich

Michael Janich Moderator Moderator

Jan 16, 2002
    The OpFocus program applies to U.S. active duty law enforcement and military members and military veterans. It's a great program that allows us to truly show our thanks for your service.

BTW, Sal is not a veteran, but the Spyderco Crew does include a number of veterans.

Stay safe,

Mike

Spy D, ScottieG59, 3fifty7 and 4 others like this.
  4. Edm1

Edm1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Sweet! Signing up. Thanks

TX180SX likes this.
  5. lunde

lunde Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2000
    And, if your order, after the 50% discount, is over $150, shipping is free.

TX180SX likes this.
  6. Twinsdad

Twinsdad Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Sweet just submitted. It’s very nice how these days there are a ton of discounts for mil/vets. I love vetix too

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Riz!, TX180SX and uxo2 like this.
  7. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    OpFocus is a great program!

It allows participants (I'm one) to buy knives and other products direct from Spyderco for 50% off; 15% below MAP pricing which is extremely generous.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  8. TX180SX

TX180SX Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Thank you for your service gentlemen. And good on spyderco for this program. :thumbsup:

Twinsdad likes this.
  9. Riz!

Riz!

May 5, 2014
    Man I am glad I read this thread. As long as Ive carried a spydie, I have no clue how I havent found this info until tonight

10. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    It didn't used to be a great deal like it potentially is now. A few years ago when I looked into you could still buy Spydercos for around, or less than 50%, of the factory pricing and when you added shipping that retailers weren't charging it didn't make sense. Now with the MAP prices creeping closer to full MSRP this program does appear to offer a good discount. I am still not 100% convinced though because it would depend how much Spyderco charges for the shipping on items under $150 and if they charge tax. Both of those things could put you right back to what the retailer charges.

11. Spy D

Spy D

Feb 23, 2014
    Opfocus is awesome and extremely generous for us veterans. I just picked this Ikuchi up today for $100!

20190401_164816-04.jpeg

mdrgn79 likes this.
  12. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Congrats! :)

Every time I've looked since it was moved from the "New Product Reveal" to the "New" page, it's just shown as "out of stock." Just haven't caught it at the "right" time yet. :(

Oh well . . . just have to keep on looking.

Spy D likes this.
  13. Spy D

Spy D

Feb 23, 2014
    I know what you mean. I've had the same problem with the Smock.

14. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Care to share your initial impressions? That's one that I have been eyeballing.

15. Spy D

Spy D

Feb 23, 2014
    It's great overall. Disappears in pocket, smooth deployment using my index finger on the wheel. A bit awkward trying to "bic flick" with my thumb. Very sharp with even grinds. Compression lock is a little challenging to get my finger into (cutout could be a little bit larger for my taste). Fit and finish are typical outstanding Taichung quality. I'm very pleased so far.

mdrgn79 likes this.
  16. fq55

fq55 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Signing up. Thanks Spyderco and Sal.

Makes sense for me as the only new purchases these past couple of years have been Spydercos for me. Besides customs.

S/F

17. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I had no idea about this. Spyderco is such a great company. Thank you, Sal.

Signed up!