Vic Huntsman Lite SAK

hey guys... heading to the Smoky Mountain Knife Works next week and i wanted to pick up a Victorinox Huntsman Lite, but i had a ? as to how good the "lite" part of it is.

currently in my EDC, there is a dorcy single cell AAA flashlight. i am hoping that this SAK w/ the lite would replace that entirely.

what do ya'll think?

I think it's a neat idea, but I would rather have my light as a seperate piece of equipment. YMMV. ;)

Paul

I have the Spartan Lite, and the lite is really great!

Good quality LED very bright.

I also found that inbetween the liners under the philips screwdriver across from the Lite is enough space to store 2 spare batteries. Wrap them in plastic so they don't touch the metal though.

just got back from SMKW and got my vic. huntsman lite...

my first impression; man this thing is wide, but i bought it, i got over the width, and i carry it with me all the time now.

my final impression; a great knife! the light is plenty for what i need, but is not as focused as i like, but it still does the job... very bright as well.

already used it to replace a telephone jack on the wall. it came in quite handy for that purpose.

thanks,

iubigred007

Do you use the light while using the knife and other tools or do you use the light separately?

I was just wondering how hard it is to use the light while using the tools or if it would be more beneficial to have a secondary light to use while using the tools.

i got it to use seperately. to answer you question though; the way the light shines in in the direction of the large knife blade, and it shines right into the path of blade travel... so i guess you could use it to cut things with, at least with the large blade. i carry a seperate benchmade folder though, BM 941, and use that mainly. the SAK is mostly for scissors, screwdrivers... and now a light.

thanks!

Back