Victorinox Australia customer service

Over the last year or two I have had to get a few issues sorted for my SAKs.
An old Wenger Backpacker went belly up, and after an e:mail from Victorinox I was in contact with Carol from Sheldon & Hammond in Australia.
In next to no time I sent the old Wenger in and had it replaced under the lifetime warranty with a shiny new Victorinox Hiker.
All the dealings that I have had with Carol are an example of friendly, efficient and helpful customer service.
Cannot fault her at all.
I've also had some great customer service from Gerber/Fiskars here in Oz, but have had less than friendly from Cold Steel in the past.
Anyone else had service that exceeded their expectations?

Last week I just sent out a Tinker with melted translucent scales to the Victorinox authorized service center here in the Philippines. Without even asking for proof of purchase but just determining that it's a genuine SAK, they replaced the translucent scales for free, even when its not a manufacturing defect.

That's typical Victorinox service. I used a main blade for prying in a spot to thin for the screwdriver. Broke the tip off. I sent it in with a letter saying how i broke it. They replaced it with a brand new of same. I then ceremoniously lost it shortly after.
Anyway I think that's one of the many reason Vic's are popular.

Heck of a lurk there S SteelRat ! I had hesitations about sending a knife to a third party dealer here in Aus, but it worked out fine for me. I think it says a lot about Victorinox that they really work with their importers and dealers to ensure that good service passes on. I've had less luck in the past with other third parties, but in general they've been good here.

I had one of the springs snap on a Wingman which had hardly been used. Sent it into Zen Imports in Sydney, and they mailed a new one out straight away. Great service from Zen, less pleased with the Leatherman failing like that. I have a few Leathermans stashed in different bags and spots, but I think if I ever have a need to buy another multitool, I'll try a Vic, next time.

S SteelRat : You don't go by the real name of @Tuvold Snurlson, do you?:D;):)

I've only had one experience with Victorinox customer service. My edc champion plus had loose and scratched scales (totally my fault) through dropping and regular stuff. I sent it to a place up north a few states, with the $5 required for the scales. They were very prompt, replaced the scales, sent me the old scales back, replaced the scissor spring, pen, and cleaned the entire thing very well. I was MORE than impressed!

Back