1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victorinox Climber flag colors (pictures and question)

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Lacerdo, May 3, 2018.

1. Lacerdo

Lacerdo

Nov 11, 2012
    Hi guys! recently bought this beautiful SAK from biggest auction site. Everything looks good, tools are perfect, mesurements and weight are exactly as should be.
    The only concern i have is scales. Could you take a look and confirm that this one is not fake. What makes me doubt:
    1) logo is printed under the scale, not engraved. (not sure if it should be engraved or not);
    2) noticeable miscoloration - look at pic#1 (from Internet) it's what I was expect to get. And look at my pictures - red is not red but more dark orange;
    3) colors of scales kinda strange, not homogeneous but more like sprayed.
    4) there is no such "flag" color on victorinox official website
    What's your thoughts guys?
    Pic1
    Pic2
    Pic3
    Pic4
    Pic5
    Pic6
    Pic7
    Pic8
    Pic9
    Pic10
    Thanks in advance and stay sharp!

2. znapschatz

znapschatz

Jan 24, 2005
    Looks genuine to me. Victorinox made many specialty runs for a gazillion clients. Red, white and blue are popular colors for national emblems, so lots of these could be sold as generic budget version "unique" giveaways, I think.

Lacerdo likes this.
  3. simyo

simyo

Oct 21, 2014
    It looks legit I picked up a few flag knives at the warehouse sale last month.

4. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    Always go by the tools. There are enough aftermarket and special scales out there, that you could easily walk past something good because a scale wasn't quite what you thought it should be. The fakes all have tell-tales that give them away, and in general they are made in massive batches so there are not many variations to have to look for.