1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Victorinox not having a big chef knife?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by vampy, Jan 13, 2021 at 12:15 AM.

1. vampy

vampy

Nov 28, 2020
    Hello, new cook here and deciding to go for a Victorinox (the Fibrox one) and I was told to get either 10 or 12 inch. However, when I go to their website and look at chef knives, I only see that they have an 8 inch one. There are bigger knives but they label them as "carving knives" and I'm not sure if a carving knife is the same as a chef knife.

They do have a chef knife that is 10 inches called the "Grand Maitre forged chef's knife" but it has 2 stars.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: I just saw on amazon they do have a 10 and 12 inch one. The 10 is a "Swiss Classic Chef knife with Granton blade" and the 12 inch is "Fibrox pro chef knife". Not sure if these are the 2 knives people have recommended and unsure which would be best.

Thanks!