1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victorinox Pioneer X

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by VicAlox74, Nov 4, 2018.

1. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    Anyone think the scissors is a nice addition to the Pioneer? Got one for my Bday and carry it all the time.

sparklygalaxy likes this.
  2. marchone

marchone

Mar 13, 2013
    Did it just come out? I looked for one like it with red scales. Love their scissors. Coincidentally I just ordered a Boker Plus Tech Tool City 3 for a similar size multi-tool. I have no idea yet how it stacks up against Victorinox/SAK. The scissors and corkscrew functions are critical. I'll soon see.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  3. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    It came out in 2016 from what i read. Never seen the Pioneer X in any other colors yet.

I've seen the Boker knives you're talking about at a sporting goods store. Haven't handled them though.

Tell me what you think about it when it comes in.

4. marchone

marchone

Mar 13, 2013
    If I had seen the Pioneer X I might have gotten it. My usual EDC is a bigger SAK and a Shiro F3. Those scissors are damn useful but it'd be nice to slim it down.

5. sparklygalaxy

sparklygalaxy Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2018
    Victorinox scissors are never not an amazing addition! ^_~

Grateful likes this.
  6. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    Which model SAK do you currently carry? I carried my black swiss champ yesterday. I call it "The Brick" because it weighs a ton. But it has everything on it but the kitchen sink.

I really didn't notice the bulk or weight of it surprisingly. :)

7. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    Yep! Every time i dont carry a SAK with scissors is the day i need them. Lol

8. sparklygalaxy

Apr 6, 2018
    ^^
    This.

I carry my wood SwissChamp everywhere and never really do notice the weight either! :) For my pocket though I always carry my alox MiniChamp... which I just lost tonight :(

9. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Its still in production isn't it?

10. sparklygalaxy

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, I'll get a replacement ASAP. It's like my wallet or something, one of those things I just need to have with me.

11. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    Sorry. I'm new to the forum, like a hour ago new, and I'm posting from my phone. I'll get the hang of it soon enough. :D

12. sparklygalaxy

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh shoot dude, welcome!! :) I was going to say I like your username. Alox SAKs = thee besssst ^_^

13. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    Me too. Go everywhere with a knife.

14. sparklygalaxy

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

I just replaced all these beauties that I eventually had to sell many months back - they're all out in the mail + a black alox pioneer! ♡ I just missed my collection way too much.

redsparrow, jmh33 and microbe like this.
  15. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    Thanks!

16. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    That's nice! I did get a Soldier knife (new) off eBay a few years ago. I like the old one better than the new OHO Soldier knife they have now.

17. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

Pioneer X is like pioneer but more awesome. I also like the added thickness.

The only gripe I have is that they reversed the scissors compared to regular SAK. Feels akward to open.

I wish Vic would do farmer X next. That would be perfect!

redsparrow, Irishgrouch and jmh33 like this.
  18. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    An Alox Huntsman, that could be very nice. I've had an X since they came out, and mine gets carried a fair bit. I have that for urban carry, farmer for the woods, a copper scaled compact and a normal compact for when the mood strikes.

19. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    [​IMG]

I thought an Alox Huntsman would be pretty cool, so I built this a while back. It's been dangling in my left front pocket every day for over a year now.

20. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    I that idea the other day for a Farmer with scissors.

Opening the scissors on the Pioneer X is different. :(