• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Victorinox Swiss Tool X-Problem solved!

Complete thread posted in W&SS forum
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694633

Well after much trouble with my Leatherman Wave, I solved my problem. Thanks to a few of you who helped me make my desicion.

After much debate and soul searching I picked up a new toy, the Victorinox Swiss Tool X. I was in the market for a new Multi-Tool and although I have the Leatherman Wave (old model) I never really liked the performance of the clip point blade on wood and the saw always seemed a tad too short but then again I never took it outdoors. I know I give up the one-handed opening feature but I feel the gain is worth it. On the Swiss Tool X, all the tools lock. I now have a longer saw and the famous Swiss Army spear point flat ground blade. One more huge reason for ditching the one- handed opening blades, in some countries that I have been to they are illegal. With the Swiss Tool X, I don’t need to worry about local law enforcement or customs officials in other countries giving me crap.

Here are a few pictures from the hike and of course, the Swiss Tool X.

-RB

Victorinox Swiss Tool X
IMG_6275.jpg

IMG_6277.jpg

IMG_6342.jpg

Scissors, a tool perfect for trimming toe nails out on the trail, cutting zip ties, string hanging off clothes, first aid use, and many other tasks.
IMG_6562.jpg

Larger locking Blade and Saw than the Hiker
IMG_6561.jpg
IMG_6556.jpg

Larger tools on the Swiss Tool than the Hiker
IMG_6565.jpg
IMG_6568.jpg

In hand shots for Will (spooky) and Hollowdweller
IMG_6455.jpg
IMG_6572.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_6641.jpg

Used for measuring how deep the snow was
IMG_6637.jpg

The Swiss Tool gets pretty cold in 30F
IMG_6660.jpg
IMG_6680.jpg

Last edited:
They are really nice , if you like the Swisstool X , you will probably also like the Swisstool Spirit X ( same spear point blade style ) . It's almost as capable , in a more EDC friendly envelope .

In passing , my fave. Swisstool is the RS ( rescue/security ) , I love the curved serrated " belt cutter " blade .

Enjoy ,

Chris

They are really nice , if you like the Swisstool X , you will probably also like the Swisstool Spirit X ( same spear point blade style ) . It's almost as capable , in a more EDC friendly envelope .

In passing , my fave. Swisstool is the RS ( rescue/security ) , I love the curved serrated " belt cutter " blade .

Enjoy ,

Chris

I went to buy the Spirit but didn't like the smaller saw and spear point blade.

-RB

Congrats! I have both and use the Spirit more because of the smaller size and weight.
I've used the saw on it tons and it's darn capable for me ;)

but I'm glad I have both.

That looks like quite the tool. I've been researching them..... Can anyone explain what a strong crate opener is:confused:

That looks like quite the tool. I've been researching them..... Can anyone explain what a strong crate opener is:confused:

Essentially a substitute to a dedicated pry bar for opening wooden crates, popping open paint can lids, etc.

Can anyone explain what a strong crate opener is:confused:

yeah another name for the large flat-head screw-driver!

I used to dislike so many on MTs (of various sizes) but
when you use them for prying or scraping or whatever
their not so bad, even handy! lol.

Thanks guys. I come from the land of Leatherman and never heard of that tool before. Fantastic pictures , both the tool and surroundings:)

Back