video: Buck Vantage Force Pro

My first knife video. I'm not a collector. I just wanted one good knife with fancy materials. I'm thinking of making a Buck Boker hybrid. It would have the Ti lockback handle of a Boker Plus Titan Drop knife and the S30V blade of the Buck. I just need to find out whether the dimensions are compatible before buying the Boker. I have the ability to cut and grind the base of the Buck Blade.

[video=youtube;I8VUc5JWqDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8VUc5JWqDQ[/video]

My biggest complaint about the knife is the huge hole in the blade. I don't know why anyone would put such a large hole in the middle of a blade like that. It weakens the blade for no reason.

What did you stab, a cabbage? Some old salts say, never trust a lockblade. I would not push my luck stabbing with that knife unless I absolutely had to, like to prolonging my life in a bear attack.

It's great that you took the knife apart; not many people do that.

About the hole, I'm not sure it's the weakest part of the knife. Since the Force version has a swedge, the tip is probably the weakest part. The pivot or the lock are probably weaker than the blade at the hole. BTW, the hole is for opening like a Spyder hole, and can also be used as an oxygen wrench.

Things I like about Spyderco knives:
- fancy blade alloys: ZDP-189 looked nice when I looked at the element percentages.
- low prices
- my favorite lock type (lockback)
- good handle materials

I just don't like how a large hole in the middle of a wide blade looks. I haven't used many knives. Is there any reason for a folding knife without a flipper to not have a thumb stud?

yes, just because its different enough in handling. some people prefer thumbstuds other prefers opening holes (i do). for me the pros of the spyderhole are that it neer gets in the waywhen cutting or sharpening, it offers more deployment options like holding the blade by pinching the hole and drop the handle open, aka ''spyder drop'' when clipped tip down or tie a zip tie in the hole to deploy it from your pocket seam when clipped tip up aka '' ghetto save'' ...

different flavors.

I understand, but it does weaken the blade in such a way that it would be more of a cutting (and not a stabbing) blade.

Unless you're planning to do a bunch of prying with the blade, I doubt you will see is break under normal use.

Back