Video Mega Ratweiler Baton with hammer

Wow that steel smacking steel sound sends shivers down my spine !!! Solid knife and considering I’d never use a hammer only a log or such, I’m good :)

Thanks for the videos! This mega rat is going to be an awesome camp tool!

Wow that steel smacking steel sound sends shivers down my spine !!! Solid knife and considering I’d never use a hammer only a log or such, I’m good :)
I was doing it to make sure it could take a beating.... I would probably never hit it with a hammer in a real application either but I love knowing that it an emergency it will handle it... Also in reverse, I know I can put a tent stake in the ground with it or a nail in a piece of wood... Love this knife...

I was doing it to make sure it could take a beating.... I would probably never hit it with a hammer in a real application either but I love knowing that it an emergency it will handle it... Also in reverse, I know I can put a tent stake in the ground with it or a nail in a piece of wood... Love this knife...

Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand it was for testing purposes. I appreciate what that steel hitting steel shows for abuse testing. After seeing it I know it can handle real use :)
But that sound,,,,,, ugh like hearing a bearing scream without oil lol. You know it’s not good lol

I wad never a fan of thick knifes. If I wanted something to split wood and too poor of geometry to slice and cut, I'd get an axe or hatchet. But this compound grind that sounds like it thins significantly after the spine; sounds like a really cool implementation... I can't wait to try it. :thumbsup::)
Without better pics, I’m guessing it’s a brief flat surface (like flat or high saber grind) immediately down from the spine, then hollow grind to take as much mass out and thin down the profile, then a convex at the end towards the edge... That might lend itself to great mad reduction from other .30"+ knives and pretty slicey.... But if course, I won't know till I get the knives or when M MaxRat and R RATequila reveal their design!

I wad never a fan of thick knifes. If I wanted something to split wood and too poor of geometry to slice and cut, I'd get an axe or hatchet. But this compound grind that sounds like it thins significantly after the spine; sounds like a really cool implementation... I can't wait to try it. :thumbsup::)
Without better pics, I’m guessing it’s a brief flat surface (like flat or high saber grind) immediately down from the spine, then hollow grind to take as much mass out and thin down the profile, then a convex at the end towards the edge... That might lend itself to great mad reduction from other .30"+ knives and pretty slicey.... But if course, I won't know till I get the knives or when M MaxRat and R RATequila reveal their design!

I will tell you that pictures really don't do it justice it is really something that you have to feel in your hand to really appreciate. Those of you who get in on this offer are really going to be impressed with how this thing is designed.

I ag
Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand it was for testing purposes. I appreciate what that steel hitting steel shows for abuse testing. After seeing it I know it can handle real use :)
But that sound,,,,,, ugh like hearing a bearing scream without oil lol. You know it’s not good lol
I agree... That's why I did the testing for you... I raced for over 30 years. Early on one of my mentors expressed concerns that I never spun out... I asked him why? He said until you spinout and find out how far you can't go, you don't really know how far you can go... I haven't found the spinout spot on this knife yet but I'm still trying...

now that the MEGA Ratweilers are arriving I look forward to seeing some pics and videos of them being used. I wouldn't suggest using a hammer (no reason to beat up a good hammer when a normal baton will do just fine) I know you will be just as impressed as we are with this blade.

Back