Viking Sword Design - WIP - finished - COOP Photo added

I sent Claude Scott my scabbard core and a bridge made from stabilized bog oak.
I just got it back with a leather cover yesterday and it looks great.
Due to a slight miscommunication the top of the leather cover was straight and couldn't initially accept the sword all the way.
I was able to trim it to shape and burnish the edge so it fits great now.
3sjyaM2.jpg

BDWfe1U.jpg

I'm going to give the sword a final polish and then possibly send the whole package to Coop for pro photos...

I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to detail this build. It's been a fascinating read. You've created a hell of a piece of functional art!

Well, this several months project has concluded in the best possible way...Photos by COOP.
(I never expected to produce anything worth having professionally photographed, so I'm very happy)
Special thanks to Claude Scott for doing the leather cover to the scabbard and to COOP for dealing with a sword so close to the Blade show.

KrpA4xw.jpg

If you've never thought of doing this professionally, by golly you could. That's gorgeous. You mentioned you built a katana previously? Any chance you could link that thread, I'd love to see it. The gold on the blade is breathtaking, that could be a movie sword, it looks that good!

I can’t believe I’ve missed this thread until now!
Just read every word and I’m impressed on so many levels. Kudos to Richard338 for sticking this out and documenting it.

Well, this several months project has concluded in the best possible way...Photos by COOP.
(I never expected to produce anything worth having professionally photographed, so I'm very happy)
Special thanks to Claude Scott for doing the leather cover to the scabbard and to COOP for dealing with a sword so close to the Blade show.

KrpA4xw.jpg
10/10, would definitely go on a rampage through English monasteries with that. Awesome work.

Back