• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Vintage Barlow Knife SOLD

I found this at an antique mall, thinking I would clean it up and use it but...

For sale is vintage Barlow Knife with brown sawcut bone handles. Has excellent walk and talk, solid and built like a tank. Main blade is centered but pen blade is off but still usable. Both blades were a 6 before I put a drop of oil in and now they are a 9!!! I have tried to work the blades to lighten the pull but still closes like a bear trap. Its a very solid knife, No blade wiggle at all, well made. One of the handles has been repaired with resin and sawdust but still very solid. Its a heavy knife.
I stropped the knife and it is VERY SHARP!!! Both have full blades left. It could probably cleaned up more, I just blew out the dust and oiled it.

The tang stamp reads "Tenk Hardware Co. Quincy Ill.", which thanks to a blade forum member found out that the company was in business from 1865 to 1925.

I wanted to use this knife but it is a bear trap!!! (broke my nail), maybe go onto someone else's collection. I am selling what I paid for it.
Price SOLD
(Paypal only - as goods). Free shipping.

Though I reserve the right to sell to whom I choose:
First "I'll take it" secures purchase power (will also check time stamps); please follow up with Paypal payment to jlhoffman74@windstream.net , Please pay promptly - I reserve the right to terminate a potential sale if payment is not sent within a reasonable time. I will ship once payment is confirmed.

Buyer agrees that they are 18 years or older and that the knives are in compliance with the laws in their area.
**All sales are final**
If you have any questions please PM me.
Thanks for looking.
L3KTSS6.jpg
8pHEnC8.jpg
bPfXQZM.jpg

Last edited:
Back