Photos Vintage Buck 110 no-dot

Great find and a great knife! Congrats :thumbsup: I would save that patina too.
IDK why they told you to avoid Bucks SPA treatment. They have always done excatly what I have ask for and done it well. Yes, they do offer only sharpening.
On their site there is a form to fill out to get what you want done. https://www.buckknives.com/about/knife-sharpening-services/
Some have said that when they sent it in they requested not to mess with the patina and their knife came back looking new. I'm just a sucker for that old shipwreck look

Did the sheath in the photos come with it? It looks to be a 2014 Federal 110 replica sheath.
I thought the same. It looks like a Federal sheath at first glance. The Federal is a slim knife and I have to squeeze it into its original belt sheath. No way a no dot would fit in there.

But what do I know, I just started collecting Buck knives a few weeks ago. Non the less, just for size comparison: Federal vs no dot, and their sheaths...

42933860nu.jpeg

42933861hw.jpeg

A beautiful knife you have there. Carry it in good health.

I thought the same. It looks like a Federal sheath at first glance. The Federal is a slim knife and I have to squeeze it into its original belt sheath. No way a no dot would fit in there.

But what do I know, I just started collecting Buck knives a few weeks ago. Non the less, just for size comparison: Federal vs no dot, and their sheaths...

42933860nu.jpeg

42933861hw.jpeg

A beautiful knife you have there. Carry it in good health.
Hi Pony, Thank you for sharing your Federal sheath photo.

If you're calling the sheath in your photo on the left a 'no dot' sheath, that would be incorrect. The brass colored snaps with the Buck logo X3 on it is more of a late 1990s plus sheath. I don't have my notes handy to give you exact timeframe.

You mentioned that you're a few weeks new to Buck collecting. If you have interest in collecting the older 110s from 1964 to 1986, here's a reference website for you, drop by and check it out. www.historyofthe110.com

Yes, the sheath in the pics is what the knife came in.
Hi Kwackster, thank you for the reply.

I'm looking on a phone at your photos, so I might be missing the details. Does it have BUCK stamped on the leather flap as well as a single BUCK on a silver snap. Beautiful photos, all of them, but with the glare on the snap I can't tell the logo.

Hi Pony, Thank you for sharing your Federal sheath photo.

If you're calling the sheath in your photo on the left a 'no dot' sheath, that would be incorrect. The brass colored snaps with the Buck logo X3 on it is more of a late 1990s plus sheath. I don't have my notes handy to give you exact timeframe.

You mentioned that you're a few weeks new to Buck collecting. If you have interest in collecting the older 110s from 1964 to 1986, here's a reference website for you, drop by and check it out. www.historyofthe110.com
Thank you very much for setting this straight. I was stupid and picked the wrong sheath for the knife. This is the one it came with.

42972380mi.jpeg

I've had an emergency come up and I may need to sell my buck. As much as I don't want to FAMILY COMES FIRST. What would be a good price to list my buck 110 3 line No Dot knife at. I posted pictures of it up in the thread. It's in amazing condition I just don't know what I should ask for it

I'd search/check ebay completed sales for what they have sold for in the near past. Lot will depend on who wants one and what they're willing to pay.
I did the same! The price is all over. Most of the sold comps were in bad shape too

Since you put 'best offer" in the listing you will get a better idea how other folks value it. I'm always afraid to make a offer on Buck because they might just take it..

Recently acquired this venerable oldie (1972-1974) which had a rounded point, no edge, and a handle filled with crud.
Cleaned everything with toothpicks, an old toothbrush with diluted detergent, and lastly an ultrasonic cleaner, polished the brass, then reground the blade by hand on wet & dry paper with WD40 as a lubricant.
The new convex edge measures ~25 degrees inclusive and there is a new point too.

Thank you I didn't want to mess it up. Buck uses such a low angle for a big knive

Back