Vintage lobsters let's show'em

Smiling - Knife, thanks for the comment. I have many more to photo and show. I like your lobster and may have one similar. I'll look for it. Thanks for posting.

Here is a coffin lobster by Butler Brand with key logo (1768-1952) 3 blade pearl handle knife made in Sheffield England. This is a mint knife and it has very pleasing detail work on all the liners Charles

View attachment 262424View attachment 262425View attachment 262426

DSCF5520.jpg

DSCF5518.jpg

DSCF5522.jpg

That is a minty looking lobster LKJW, what is the tang stamp say for this one? Thanks for posting. Charles

It is a beautiful little knife for sure.

Tang:
Schrade
Walden
NY USA

Not the standard Mother Of Pearl....Cattaraugus used what they called Oriental Pearl on a line of different lobster patterns.
LOB%20FT.jpg
LOB%20BK.jpg
LOB%20W%20PURSE.jpg

Barry; That's a beauty, those scales really pop and the condition looks excellent. Thanks for showing Charles

Here are a few Ibberson (Sheffield) lobsters..

This neat little lobster was made in 1951 by Ted Osborne at Ibberson's
DSC00672.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

This 3 1/4" pearl 6pc (3164 pat) lobster was made by Stan Shaw at Ibbersons in 1973, wonderfully fileworked inside and out.
178642ad.jpg

These final 5 knives (2121 pat) were made by Stan and Ted, they date from 1939 to 1973, two blades, picker, nail file and scissors..
54732a0f.jpg

Mick

Really beautiful pieces of art, thanks for showing Mick. The first 3 posted by Ted Osborne have some very interesting scales! I have a few of Stan Shaw's work (one I've already posted). I'll try and get the others posted soon.

Here is a nice clean Marshall Wells Zenith Pearl Lobster Knife.* A 3” long closed sleeveboard pattern with a 1 ¾” master blade stamped with the “Zenith” logo, the pen blade stamped “Marshall/ Wells/ Hdw. Co.”* Beautiful mother of pearl scales, milled nickel silver liners and pins.*Charles

View attachment 262847View attachment 262848View attachment 262849

This has become a very interesting thread. Here's another not your garden variety of pearl. It's similar to the Catt Oriental pearl but not the same. A Miller Bros. I wish The color could be better captured by my scanner. It's really an eye catcher in person.
MILLER%20FT.jpg
MILLER%20BK.jpg
Barry

My latest acquisition. I got this at the Marlboro NCCA meeting last month. A NYK Gunstock not a full Orange Blossom, a 1/2 Blossom? The last pic is next to a Biddle Catalog cut from 1908. The wholesale catalog price was $36.00 per dozen = $3.00 each probably $6.00 retail. The average weekly pay in 1908 was $13.00.
NYK%20FT.jpg
NYK%20BK.jpg
NYK%20W%20CUT.jpg

Barry: Really nice NYK lobster, I posted one like it in post #45 although mine has developed a pinkish tint in the pearl. I like this lobster with it's pinched scales. Looking forward to my new little NYK congress I won in your auction last night. Charles

Back