1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Virus Problems?

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Ben Arown-Awile, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Ben Arown-Awile

Ben Arown-Awile Banned by Moderators Banned

Aug 29, 2001
    Walt Mossberg of The Wall Street Journal has written a column for Windows users today explaining how to protect themselves against the plethora of computer viruses going around these days. One of the solutions he provides is simply getting a Mac. "Opting out: The single most effective way to avoid viruses and spyware is to simply chuck Windows altogether and buy an Apple Macintosh.

2. Khukuri Monster

Khukuri Monster

Aug 4, 2004
    The single most effective way to avoid paying too much for a Macintosh is to build your own PC and use Knoppix Linux.

I guess I never liked Macs... there's way too much software that I can't run on them. And for all the people who bash Windows security... my cryptography professor uses a computer running Windows 98, he says it's one of the most secure operating systems out there.

3. StmmZaum

StmmZaum

Dec 12, 2003
    Or just chuck your entire PC out the window?