Vote! High Performance Damascus - which knife?

Which knife pattern should I use for some High Performance Damascus?

• Bushcraft (4" blade)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bushcraft (3" blade)

• EDC (still in prototype stage)

• W&SS neck knife - skeletonized

• W&SS neck knife - with handle

• Other (specify in a post on the thread)

• Total voters
Wow...I like that suggestion. Provided the camp knife (MUCK) tests out ok and all the kinks/bumps work out alright...that would be pretty cool indeed!

Dan

that was what I was thinking but didn't dare say out loud cause it's gonna hurt my wallet.. I might be in for one of those very much!

It might hurt your wallet a bit more but at least we could take full advantage of the toughness of this steel combo as well as the increased corrosion resistence. It could even be done at 5/32" thick or even 1/8" thick (Up to Dan but I like 5/32"). Besides you have 6 long months to start saving and likely a bit more before production starts and stops.

Damn, I clicked and voted on the wrong one!

-1 for 3" bushcraft and +1 for 4" bushcraft!

To me Damascus is an EDC type deal. Any pics on what the EDC prototype looks like? I think a thin convex ground mini-bushcraft would be good. 3" blade would be a good length but the handle would be thin and a little shorter. Maybe 3.5"-4" for the handle. I gotta say though I won't be getting one. Can't afford another knife no matter how awesome it might be.:(

1st choice: WSS w/handles. You mentioned micarta, but I would rather see a nicely figured natural wood or perhaps a stabilized burl on a damascus blade. If this could be done for around $300 +/-, you can put me down as a definite now. :thumbup:

Distant 2nd choice: EDC- simply because it is still an "unknown". ;)

To me Damascus is an EDC type deal. Any pics on what the EDC prototype looks like? I think a thin convex ground mini-bushcraft would be good. 3" blade would be a good length but the handle would be thin and a little shorter. Maybe 3.5"-4" for the handle. I gotta say though I won't be getting one. Can't afford another knife no matter how awesome it might be.:(

It looks like this! :D

EDCPrototype0805-04.jpg

BTW Dan, I'm still loving this knife! :thumbup: The idea about a hollow grind intrigues me. As well as this one slices, I think a HG would be even better!

Camp knife challenge blade.

Ever since I first came here, when I see the name Koster I picture a Nessmuk. To me those two names just go together. Therefore my first thought was "a Nessie of course!"

Then I saw the above quote and thought this "might" be a better choice.:thumbup:

Whichever you choose, my life will not be complete until I have one of your Nessies.:D

it's not an unknown, guys....do a search on EDC on my forum:

here's the most recent version:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644789

If by "unknown" you mean "up in the air"....then yes....that is true. :D

But it is 95% done....just needs a couple things tweaked, is all.

Dan

That's what I meant. :) I wasn't entirely sure if the "to swedge or not to swedge" issue was settled for one thing. (I prefer swedge-free) And I know that, during the creative process, 5% can turn to 50% overnight- all it takes is some fresh inspiration. ;)

Regardless of the EDC's status, I really would like a "pretty" WSS knife. :cool:

I chose WSS neck knife w/handles, EDC would be second...

I thought that was one great knife, and wish I had the money to get on board, but spent it all on the Bushmaster PR!!!

Hopefully, they'll come back!

Back