Voyager Sign Ups

Have there been any stainless Voyagers yet?
Loving mine in O1 but will need one for more tropical climates.

Bill

I have not made any yet.
I have decided that I will be making them from CPM 154.
I am really hoping to be able to have a couple around Blade Show time in Stainless.

I am actually going through withdraws as I do not have a Voyager at all right now.
I sold my personal user a few weeks before Christmas and am missing it very much.

I am loving mine. It is a prized member of what i classify as my "work knives" and as such, is never considered for sale.
I still have a spot for one in stainless :) That will fix me up for when I move to a more tropical climate.

Mine serves from the campsite, to the kitchen to the fire pit. Also rides along as Security on trips where I cannot carry my sidearm.
I still need to get a proper sheath for carry but the one that comes with it serves just fine for tucking.

Bill

I am loving mine. It is a prized member of what i classify as my "work knives" and as such, is never considered for sale.
I still have a spot for one in stainless :) That will fix me up for when I move to a more tropical climate.

Mine serves from the campsite, to the kitchen to the fire pit. Also rides along as Security on trips where I cannot carry my sidearm.
I still need to get a proper sheath for carry but the one that comes with it serves just fine for tucking.

Bill

That is great to hear Bill.
I always love hearing when my knives are being carried and used.

What's wrong with the sheath?
I am assuming you have the kydex one that it came with?
If you are looking for attachments I suggest Index Fasteners.
They have so many options.
The holes on the sheath are Large Tek-Lok spaced.
Let me know if I can help you out in any way.
Thanks

Sorry Chris- nothing wrong with the sheath. I am a leather and wool kind of guy ;) LOL!!

But my two primary field knives in this size are both in kydex and it works so well, I have been lazy to do anything about it.

Fact is, the sheath is a good thickness for safety, excellent fit and retention. Slim enough in design to not add much in dimension.
I think it is the attachment mechanisms that I object to most with kydex. They are bulky. If I just weave para through the holes and slip a belt through, it is very slim and flat in carry.

I think the handle ergos on my 52100 Voyager are about perfect for my hands. Feels good in different grips as well. So my question is, how similar are the dimensions on a Wolverine handle? I have never had the pleasure to handle one in person and was curious how similar they are in ergos.

Chris,
Any Voyagers in the queue?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill,
I have one in 4V that I hope to have finished in time for Blade Show.
I also have a couple in 52100 and maybe even W2 that are laid out but not yet sawn out.

Wouldn't mind a Voyager in 3V!

I have one in .140"ish 3V laid out.
I hope to be able to start on that batch by the end of the month.
Hoping to have it finished in time for Blade Show.

Oh man well if I can speak for it, consider it spoken for! The last couple knives I picked up from you need a big brother.

Chris,
I am not much of a fan boy but use has me leaving 80% of my customs in the drawer. Even as arthritis starts moving into my hand, that damn Voyager still fits like a glove and is so flexible. A 6" chefs knife with ass.

I will be relocating in a few more years and want to have a back up for the one I have now. I really love steels like O1, A2 and 52100 and do not mind caring for my knives but a move that buys me more time between exposure to sweat, saltwater and high humidity and after use care will be good. Basically something I can use in a tropical climate for at least 48 hours without being able to re oil.

What steel might you recommend with this criteria and the voyager profile?
Bill

Chris,
I am not much of a fan boy but use has me leaving 80% of my customs in the drawer. Even as arthritis starts moving into my hand, that damn Voyager still fits like a glove and is so flexible. A 6" chefs knife with ass.

I will be relocating in a few more years and want to have a back up for the one I have now. I really love steels like O1, A2 and 52100 and do not mind caring for my knives but a move that buys me more time between exposure to sweat, saltwater and high humidity and after use care will be good. Basically something I can use in a tropical climate for at least 48 hours without being able to re oil.

What steel might you recommend with this criteria and the voyager profile?
Bill

Bill,
I want to make a batch using some 3/16" to 1/4" CPM 154.
My thinking is that this steel is tough, holds a great edge, and is very easy to maintain and care for.

Chris

Chris,
3/16" CPM 154 sounds perfect for my needs. Funny, my machetes used in the Phils are all old trucks springs :) but them I do not take the same levels of care for them I do with my smaller knives.

Bill

Back