VTG SCHRADE USA 153UH UNCLE HENRY GOLDEN SPIKE

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Jorge Barros, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Jorge Barros

Jorge Barros

Dec 14, 2019
    Hi guys,
    First I would like to introduce myself. I am new to this sub forum. I have 30 years collecting and using knives. I have some schrades, but all modern (taylor brand).
    I'm negotiating a new one, they told me it's old vintage uncle henry, made in the USA. Can you help me identify it? I don't want a chinese one, or fake one.
    Thank you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope everything is ok with the pictures, I am not a really tech guy!!.
    Thanks

2. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    The pictures are not clear enough to see the stamp well but it kind of looks like a chinese one to me. With newer schrades if it doesn't have USA on the tang then its not a USA knife. They are marked so quite clearly and easily identified.

3. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    I can see the stamps well enough and I can tell that Chinese staglon from 50 paces in the dark lol. That's a recent Chinese knife. Model # is stamped on rear of tang not on the front with "Schrade U.S.A.". Also the little R in a circle (registered trade mark) beside "Uncle Henry". That's a Taylor addition. Schrade never used the "R".

Here's a link to a thread with all the info you need and then some.
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-walden-153-uncle-henry-the-one-and-only.652305/

4. Jorge Barros

Jorge Barros

Dec 14, 2019
    Wao! I thought so when comparing other websites pictures. They almost scammed me.
    Thank you all.

bladecollectorr likes this.
  5. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    There are thousands of the 'real' ones for sale out there, many for very reasonable prices.
    Edit: Make that tens or hundreds of thousands.

Codger_64, 315 and bladecollectorr like this.